Boeing.... Boeing... Boeing...

how come people aren't getting sucked out like in the movies? must be fake.

1704560761291.png

Moderators, thread merge please?
Should I copy a number, or file an ASRS? :)

how come people aren't getting sucked out like in the movies? must be fake.

View attachment 124056
This particular event ..... was for real

It was a British Airways BAC 1-11 that lost the Captains window, if my memory serves me correctly, due to the incorrect fixings being used on maintenance.

The First Officer landed the aircraft safely at Southampton Airport with the Captains legs being held initially by a cabin crew member.

If I can find the AAIB link I will post it .... fact is often more bizarre than fiction!

This particular event ..... was for real

It was a British Airways BAC 1-11 that lost the Captains window, if my memory serves me correctly, due to the incorrect fixings being used on maintenance.

The First Officer landed the aircraft safely at Southampton Airport with the Captains legs being held initially by a cabin crew member.

If I can find the AAIB link I will post it .... fact is often more bizarre than fiction!

yyyya, I'm aware it really happened. no link needed, but thanks!

The door basically fell out of the aircraft at a very low differential pressure. Had this happened at 35,000 feet they would have probably lost the seats in several rows around the exit.

Perhaps the kid that lost his shirt was trying a makeshift Cirrus mode.

Too cheap to print up the Max 9 safety info? Aware they're close.... but stillScreenshot_20240109-210441.png

Back