Bo down Bentonville Ark - one fatality

Bonanzas have to have one of the highest accident rates. Or at least it seems that way.

That sucks. Bentonville is by far the tightest of the 5 airports in the immediate area.

Just looking at the airport layout, there is no parallel taxiway. An aircraft leaving the ramp would be pulling out midway on the runway.

Prayers to the family.

Pictures are bad. Looks like the engine broke off at impact at front of hangar and went clear through the side of hangar and ended up resting beside next door hangar.

One landing, roll out 36, while this one was departing 18.

Really? There's actually a radio or TV station that goes by KHOG? I know it's razorback country and all but, seriously?

Sure, why not? There is a WPIG in New York. Also a WCOW in Wisconsin. I bet there are other animal related ones.

Airport Operational Statistics
Aircraft based on the field: 76
Single engine airplanes: 66
Multi engine airplanes: 6
Jet airplanes: 2
Helicopters: 2
1dot.gif

Aircraft operations: avg 88/day *
65% local general aviation
34% transient general aviation
<1% air taxi
<1% military
* for 12-month period ending 31 August 2015

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I have to admit when I looked at the Airnav site linked above it took me forever to find the diagram. The single bold vertical line (RWY) just didn't stand out with the lack of any taxiways.

Is it normal for an airport that averages 88 / day to have zero parallel taxi? IDK how Airnav gets its statistics but I'm based at PGR and it has us @ 36/day (which seems a little low btw) and I absolutely can't imagine back taxiing from mid point each time. That just seems crazy at an airport with more than a handful of flights a day.

Well, there was a short-lived pirate-radio station in Denton, TX that went by KUNT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well with the Univ of North Texas in Denton guess they had a sense of humor.

Didn't 6PC say he was an alumni at UNT? If so he probably came up with those call letters.

Yeah, I believe a student was transmitting from somewhere near the university. You had to be pretty close to pick it up, as it was an unlicensed station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back