Bo comes from together

Mysterious. All sorts of speculation is possible.

But I am wondering if the thread title may be due to "spell check" or other typing assist functions. It makes no sense to me.

Mysterious. All sorts of speculation is possible.

But I am wondering if the thread title may be due to "spell check" or other typing assist functions. It makes no sense to me.

No spell cheque. When something spontaneously self-disassembles, it "comes from together". In other words it is no longer in the assembled or "together" condition.

Hmmm....that's a different way of say'n that....where you from boy? :goofy::D

No spell cheque. When something spontaneously self-disassembles, it "comes from together". In other words it is no longer in the assembled or "together" condition.
Sure never heard that one before. But at least I know what you meant now.

Definitely not a common saying that I have ever heard. Who wouldn't just say "come apart" instead?

Welcome to POA folks. No acceptance of anything outside a particular reader's previous experience. HAND and HTH.

Welcome to POA folks. No acceptance of anything outside a particular reader's previous experience. HAND and HTH.
I had never heard of your expression, but I accepted it when you explained it.

Now, what does HAND and HTH mean?

I had never heard of your expression, but I accepted it when you explained it.

Now, what does HAND and HTH mean?

Not sure about HAND, but when he was in Dallas, Monkey kept mumbling, "Hungry, Tired, Horney"

I have never heard "comes from together" before now, either ... :)

HTH and HAND, yeah ... and even FOAD (Freezing Out And Dark?) :)

from my IT counterparts in India ... "Do The Needful" and most recently "Google Baba"

So a Bonanza blew up....or come apart from together...this does not happen very often...

So a Bonanza blew up....or come apart from together...this does not happen very often...

How do we know it blew up? It could have imploded.

I suppose an implosion would result in a smaller debris field I guess.

Thank you for mentioning what's important here. Dunno what the winds aloft on the western slope looked like yesterday.

How do we know it blew up? It could have imploded.

I suppose an implosion would result in a smaller debris field I guess.

Silly Sac, everyone knows that Bos aren't implosion devices!

I kinda like "comes from together". I think I'll use it in reference to my MIL. I can insult her and she either won't understand or think it is a compliment.

I kinda like "comes from together". I think I'll use it in reference to my MIL. I can insult her and she either won't understand or think it is a compliment.
kinda like ....slow-mo rewind. :rofl:

I see where you're coming from. :wink2:

Since this was a Bo, there must have been a doctor on board.

May they rest in peace. Should make for an interesting report.

Where are you from, boy, that you've never heard the common saying?

I've lived in 8+ U.S. states, traveled to almost everyone, and visited a dozen or so countries. I've never heard this common saying before. I googled it and found one reference to the hills of east Tennessee, which is odd since I have kin in Sevier county Tennessee and all over eastern Kentucky. Interesting way to say it.

www.4thpres-grvl.com/mydocuments/come_from_together.pdf

-Jim

I've lived in 8+ U.S. states, traveled to almost everyone, and visited a dozen or so countries. I've never heard this common saying before. I googled it and found one reference to the hills of east Tennessee, which is odd since I have kin in Sevier county Tennessee and all over eastern Kentucky. Interesting way to say it.

www.4thpres-grvl.com/mydocuments/come_from_together.pdf

-Jim

Yabut have ya been to a hog callin' or a county fair?

Yabut have ya been to a hog callin' or a county fair?

Never to a hog callin'. I went to the county fair every September for years. Believe me, I've been to the back of the hollers, have cousins with primer black cars hidden in barns, and lost family to black lung. I just have never heard that particular phrase.

On the Bo, is this the beginning of another era of "the tail fell off"? I hope they figure this one out.

Jim

The Bo has ceased to be...

It makes sense that if it was together originally and came apart, then the object came from together. I cannot comment on the commonality of the phrase, only that I myself have never heard it either (which of course does not invalidate it). Interesting phrase nonetheless.

R.I.P., doctor. I am really curious about the future NTSB report. The agents won't have an easy job with this one. (unless there were 5 Go-Pros onboard)

Thank you for mentioning what's important here. Dunno what the winds aloft on the western slope looked like yesterday.

dunno either but everything less than 100lbs in my yard yesterday is now in Kansas. We had a wee bit of a blow yesterday here on the Front Range.

dunno either but everything less than 100lbs in my yard yesterday is now in Kansas. We had a wee bit of a blow yesterday here on the Front Range.

That explains the crap flying through my yard.

Come from together - 15 letters
Came apart - 9 letters

jives with what I've always said; "why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?"

otoh, a healthy language must be dynamic, always changing.
(Still trying to work "I know, right?" into every conversation I enter.)

If my trash cans happened to land there, go ahead and keep them. However, if my dog's still attached to one, please send her back?

Wilco, I need some more trash cans. Got enough dogs.

Back