Black Friday specials.....anyone get any good deals?

GBSoren

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GBSoren
I was looking for Black Friday specials on aviation related products, didn't really see much. Avidyne had a special on the IFD440, I think it was around $6k with a trade in of a Garmin 430w. I was hoping to see some specials on ads-b equipment, but didn't see anything.

So, what did you find?

Nothing I really wanted went on sale

I was looking for Black Friday specials on aviation related products, didn't really see much. Avidyne had a special on the IFD440, I think it was around $6k with a trade in of a Garmin 430w. I was hoping to see some specials on ads-b equipment, but didn't see anything.

So, what did you find?

Yeah, but then youd be out of pocket $6,000 and have a avidyne, sounds like a bad deal all around.

1-5% at spruce. meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to hobby lobby yesterday......whole store was 50% off. Bought some silk flowers, rocks, a vase, a picture, a metal sign and some sunflower garland.

Yea....I'm serious. Just moved to a new place and need to spruce it up. Ya know....for da ladies an Awel.

Sam's club had $100 iTunes gift cards $80. Might still have them at this price.

Makes you favorite aviation app 20% cheaper.

I had a hard time using iTunes gift cards for FF. What's the trick? Let it expire first?

I was at the hardware store buying lumber, and picked up a new Milwaukee drill set for cheap. Used it with the lumber when I got home, too.

Turkey Thursday I got a deal of buy 24 cans of cat food, get 24 free. Buy 12 of a different brand, get 12 free and 12 of a different brand get 12 free. :)

David

Turkey Thursday I got a deal of buy 24 cans of cat food, get 24 free. Buy 12 of a different brand, get 12 free and 12 of a different brand get 12 free. :)

David

So basically, you can eat for the next two months really cheaply if you throw in a little dry mix. Douse it with mayo and fold it in a tortilla and it isn't half bad.

I've been searching for new computer/tablet/ipad, nothing jumps out at me as "gotta have it".

So basically, you can eat for the next two months really cheaply if you throw in a little dry mix. Douse it with mayo and fold it in a tortilla and it isn't half bad.
Yup! I don't think my cat will mind sharing. LOL

18v Ryobi+ combo at Home Depot - drill, radial saw, sawzall, light, plus two lithium-ion batteries, charger and case. All for $119, marked down from $179.

Seemed like a good price and still ongoing.

51d00482-6216-403b-a586-0b97c22f1212_1000.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-ON...rdless-Super-Combo-Kit-4-Piece-P883/203466914

King ifr package. Their facebook has a 20% off code for almost anything. I've been watching for a sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You don't give special prices to rich guys who own\fly airplanes for fun. You charge them full retail, plus as much more as you can get away with.
That's basic economics.

Just happened across this post-Black-Friday thing if someone needs an iPad for something...

Warning: It's a mini 2, and we've been discussing that they're getting dated in this thread...
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/ipad-mini2-vs-mini4.99543/

$269 on the 32GB Verizon Mini 2 at WalMart (free shipping):
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-iPad-mini-2-WiFi-Verizon/30146262

Won't hold "everything" (e.g. all VFR and IFR charts for the U.S. everywhere) for Foreflight, but it'll hold plenty...

Just thought I'd share... seemed like a decent price, if you're willing to help clear out the Mini 2's for Christmas, so Apple can dump them. (GRIN)

I made the mistake of going into Tractor Supply to buy a tarp on Black Friday.

Tractor Supply had everything marked down 20 to 50%. I never thought TSC would be the place in Gallup to do Christmas shopping. The line to the 2 cash registers was twice as long as the store. The only place more crowded was Wal-Mart.

David

Yo have way too many cats, me thinks.......

David

Should have picked up some of that PBR beer on sale to help you wash that shet, I mean food, down. :D

Good deal?

Well, I spent a good deal of time on the motorcycle Friday, enjoying back roads and avoiding stores. Does that count?

Should have picked up some of that PBR beer on sale to help you wash that shet, I mean food, down. :D

Should be free....just scoop some out of the McDonalds urinal. Should taste the same.....

I found some black rifle parts on sale and I needed them to finish a 7.62x39 build. Worked out well.

Bah. I should've thought of that and shopped for a lower for a project. Oops. Oh well. I'm distracted these days.

Bah. I should've thought of that and shopped for a lower for a project. Oops. Oh well. I'm distracted these days.

My LGS had Anderson mfg complete lowers with houge furniture on sale for 139. Need one for the ak /ar build. Bought the second for a rainy day. Picked up a pair of my favorite triggers (geissele e-ssa) and snagged a NiB bcg at generic part prices. I was a happy cog in the American consumerism model for one day at least.

Mayo? What is this mayo you speak of?? :confused: :D

images

One is too many?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure is. Unless they live in your barn, then then number required varies with barn size. Excess numbers are for moving target practice.

I had two tires and tubes in my cart at Desser. Got the tubes free over the weekend. They'll have to wait until the spring for my annual but I saved about $80.

Back