Biggest scam in men's grooming - shaving cream

You guys dry shaving or just using soap must have girly beards, there is no way I could do that without bleeding like a stuck pig.

*ahem* You sure you're doing all the grooming you should be?

Well I'm not like shaving my nuts or anything. I only use a razor once a week at most to begin with. The rest of the time I use an electric. So I guess it's the equivalent of the guy using a razor to shave every day having his blades last 1-2 months.

I ,ahem, heard that you can use personal lubricant when in a jam. I wouldnt know, I use an electric before the shower. If I go without shaving for more than 20 hours, I look like a wolf fell asleep on my face so its every day for me.

Well I'm not like shaving my nuts or anything.

NEVER go face to nuts with a razor in which you just finished shaving a face that was treated with soap that had gone from ass to face.

You are on the verge of going ass to nuts and that ain't right.

NEVER go face to nuts with a razor in which you just finished shaving a face that was treated with soap that had gone from ass to face.

You are on the verge of going ass to nuts and that ain't right.

That kind of activity has been known to occur in certain places here, yes.

1. The biggest scam in men's grooming isn't the shaving cream. It's the blades. Good luck convincing me that they couldn't make a blade of hard steel that can hold an edge for more than a few days. .

Put your blades in baby oil. That way they don't rust. Rust is what makes the blades feel ruff after a few uses.

I use the cheap plastic double blades to shave my neck, because I have a beard. I keep a small jar of baby oil next to the sink and keep the blades there. The baby oil also cleanes the blades and they will feel brand new for a week. I will usually use the same blade for 5 to 6 weeks. Your results will be different.

I always shave for official ID photos and my passport photo, which I will renew on Thursday. I shaved last week to give my face time to heal. First time I have had a hairless face in 5 years. I used an electric trimmer to knock my beard down then used a blade to finish. Man, I literally had first degree burns. My face is still peeling, and the picture needs to be taken on Thursday.

Ever notice that if you shave for the first time in x years you look completely different?
I have had a goatee since I was a baby.

When I shave, It freaks me out to see myself.

Ever notice that if you shave for the first time in x years you look completely different?.

Yes. Last week I shaved for the first time in 5 years. I looked into the mirror and an old man was staring back at me. Frightening.

Hair conditioner works even better...softens things up. Shampoo hair. Apply conditioner to beard, leftover to hair. Shave. Rinse. Done.

Discovered this a few (commercial) trips ago. It means one less thing to either take through security or check.

Yes. Last week I shaved for the first time in 5 years. I looked into the mirror and an old man was staring back at me. Frightening.

That's funny, normally it's the other way around. I look 20 years older than I am if I let my hair grow out. Or 20 years younger after a haircut, whichever way you want to look at it.

The biggest scam is the new roller ball, pivoting head razor they are trying to sell now.

Back