Big cell phones ??

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
How do you guys with big cell phones carry them ?

I have an iPhone 7 that just fits in my pocket. I have a lust for one of the bigger ones, but have no idea of how to easily carry one.

Belt cases turn me off.

I like the size of my iPhone 7. My friend just bought an XR and it is a bit bigger, physically. I held it, but didn't try it in my pocket and it seemed OK. It has that no bezel and no home button thing going for it, so you get a much larger screen without it being too much larger, physically. Moving forward, that is probably your smallest option.

I have a Note5 and just keep it in my pants pocket. I too cant stand anything hanging off my belt and think those large phones on belts look goofy. Might as well be wearing a fanny pack, they look about the same.

My six s fits comfortably in my pocket.

I have the iPhone Xs Max and it fits in my pocket just fine.

My Galaxy 8+ lives in a leather holster that i clip to my belt and slide around as necessary. It sticks a little bit out the top, because it's the same holster I used for my 7 Edge+, but the top magnetic latch still reaches over and stays closed.

Notes are just smaller tablets with phone service, but do you really hold it to your head and make calls??? Awww-kk-warrrrd!! But i really like the Galaxy Tab A I'm using right now, but would never use it as a phone (if it had cellular service).

Just traded in the 6S for the XR. Fits in the front pocket no problem. I refuse the belt clip/case.

I have a Note5 and just keep it in my pants pocket. I too cant stand anything hanging off my belt and think those large phones on belts look goofy. Might as well be wearing a fanny pack, they look about the same.

Not all of us are slaves to fashion. I use heavy-duty MIL-SPEC hard cases and a belt clip. I've gone through a lot of cases that sacrificed themselves for the phones, but the phones have always survived unscathed.

Here's a phone I sold after about two years of hard use.

back.jpg

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen5.jpg

It lived in this case.

case.jpg

So yeah, I'll take goofy over cool.

Rich

Buy different pants. I noticed lately some retailers now sell men’s pants with more angled pockets to fit larger cell phones like the IPhone 8+ that I am now saddled with. What’s the old saying - necessity it the mother of invention? For women, I have no idea what they do with these larger phones. I noticed they don’t fit as well in the back pocket since they are (the phones) so large compared to the pocket which by observation appears to be getting smaller. My wife seems to favor her purse but I have also observed lots of young women eschew purses. I guess you just carry it in your hand or better yet, stare at it while walking, talking, working, and driving - no storage needed.

image.jpg

Nauga,
and his fad recycler

I had the 6 plus and HATED it!
The main problem is it takes 2 hands to use it.
I was used to holding my phone and text or dial with my thumb. With the big phone I couldn't reach across the scree so it became hold with one hand and use the other to text.
It fit fine in my back pocket buy I hated I had to take it out everytime I sat down.
I sold it and got the regular size 7. I am happy again. I use my ipad for flying.

Well, in reality, they aren’t making anything the size of an iPhone 7 anymore. The smallest is the XR, which is bigger then the 7, but I found, for my hand, it wasn’t awkward. People with smaller hands may have a different experience. I did not try it in my pocket, but several people here say it fits and at my age, I’m not wearing skinny jeans.

iPhone X here as well. Perfect size, any larger and it would be really annoying. My work phone is a Galaxy S8 and while its only fractionally bigger it’s doubly annoying to carry.

Not all of us are slaves to fashion. I use heavy-duty MIL-SPEC hard cases and a belt clip. I've gone through a lot of cases that sacrificed themselves for the phones, but the phones have always survived unscathed.

Here's a phone I sold after about two years of hard use.

View attachment 68701

View attachment 68702

View attachment 68704

View attachment 68705

It lived in this case.

View attachment 68706

So yeah, I'll take goofy over cool.

Rich

I'm a minimalist...the case my phone is in is very slim and I don't have a screen protector on it. My phone is 3 years old and I use it for everything...everything from the gym to the woods from internet usage to camera. Nary a scratch..but I'm not cool. Haha

I am very hard on phones trust me. To the turn of run over by vehicles and all. Hahaha

I have no issue with an iPhone 7+. Keep it in an Otter Box Defender case. Usually carry it in my back pocket. Sit down on it about half the time. Never a problem.

When your jeans are a 48 waist, they do make the pocket size commensurate with the belt size.

When your jeans are a 48 waist, they do make the pocket size commensurate with the belt size.
Not sure if you’re talking about yourself or me, but I’m a 32 waist.

Buy different pants. I noticed lately some retailers now sell men’s pants with more angled pockets to fit larger cell phones like the IPhone 8+ that I am now saddled with. What’s the old saying - necessity it the mother of invention? For women, I have no idea what they do with these larger phones. I noticed they don’t fit as well in the back pocket since they are (the phones) so large compared to the pocket which by observation appears to be getting smaller. My wife seems to favor her purse but I have also observed lots of young women eschew purses. I guess you just carry it in your hand or better yet, stare at it while walking, talking, working, and driving - no storage needed.

So when my tailor asks me whether I dress right or left, he’s talking about my cell phone?

Same here. Any front pocket from jeans to dress pants is perfectly fine, even with an otterbox symmetry case.

The lock button ceased to function on my iphone 5s two days ago. I replaced it with an X. Although I liked the size of the 5s, I really enjoy the screen real estate of the X, and find the size manageable. It is about the largest smart phone I would want.

Do you suggest more ice cream and beer then ?

Do you suggest more ice cream and beer then ?

I’m a 33 waist.

All you skinny jeans folks make me sick......eat a cheese burger....make it a double. And lay off the kale.

Just traded in the 6S for the XR. Fits in the front pocket no problem. I refuse the belt clip/case.

I agree. Apple's belt clip thingy is incredibly awkward, clunky and nerdy. My work iphone 7 rides around in my shirt pocket, or shares a pocket with my Victorinox when my shirt doesn't have a pocket of its own. My real phone lives securely in a leather holster clipped to my belt.

Back