Bicycle grips on yoke

Lawson Laslo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FAA
Has anyone ever put bicycle grips on there yoke as a alternative to the slip on grips
If you have please post pictures and tips
It would go on our new Ercoupe

No idea about aviation usage, but I prefer lock-on grips on my bike versus slip on grips.

I put cork bicycle tape on the Cardinal, really like the feel and it looks better than the original chipped plastic.upload_2019-2-20_18-45-1.jpeg

I slip foam bicycle grips onto the yoke of a Cessna 150. A drop or two of liquid dish soap will make them slide on easier.

I slip foam bicycle grips onto the yoke of a Cessna 150. A drop or two of liquid dish soap will make them slide on easier.
We were wanting more of the rubber feel
It already has some foamy stuff on it

Attachments

• 19285EB2-0F1C-472A-8D54-E13866A85AA0.jpeg
    19285EB2-0F1C-472A-8D54-E13866A85AA0.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 37
4A475CA9-E94F-4B05-AB34-56DF3AE5D1D7.jpeg I used this stuff for my crusty 40 year old yokes.

It’s got no adhesive, but sticks to itself.

Comes right off. Easy to apply.

I think i have flown at least one plane that had bar tape on the yoke.

I put bicycle handlebar tape on the yokes of the Cessna 182 I used to own. There's nothing better!

Tennis racquet grip tape is also a good substitute. Usually doesn’t have adhesive and can be purchased in several different thicknesses and textures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im installing a stall horn!View attachment 71889
Don't forget to paint it to match the airplane...
horn.jpg

Ron Wanttaja

I’ve considered, but not yet tried, a product called Re-Grip: a cushioned tool handle grip that mounts with a strippable interior core that contracts.

Back