Best site to buy oil?

Wait...we are supposed to be putting oil in these things?...uh oh...

$80 a case for W100plus at the terminal building at my home drome.

The local pilot shop charges $80 OTD for a case of Aeroshell W100, but I haven't been able to get a decent deal on Phillips XC 20w-50 yet, seems like shipping or tax kills whatever deal you can find. I can drive to Spruce and pick it up, but then it's about $75-$80 with tax.

I found Amazon gives you 40% off on the first case if you "subscribe" to monthly auto-orders (If you're a prime member). Their price is $95 before the 40% off, so the first case is around $65. Once it shows up two days later you can cancel the subscription without penalty. If you're outside California you can save a few more bucks on tax.

https://www.amazon.com/Phillips-1045457-12-PK-Fluid_Ounces-12/dp/B075BPFDNP/

amazon.JPG

Yep, I used to get my Aeroshell at the local Shell Distributor. They mostly cater to the truck crowd. You got a free country music album with a case (which had a little plug for Shell Rotella oil at the beginning of it).

Maybe give your local FBO a shot. Ordered 2 cases of 15w50 this afternoon from ours. $95 a case, including tax, delivered to the hangar. YMMV....

Jim

I can drive to Spruce and pick it up, but then it's about $75-$80 with tax.

If you're close enough to Spruce to drive, I assume you're near Corona. Down's Oil in Corona sells Phillips Aviation oil by the case. Magnolia and I-15. Probably where 'Spruce gets it.

Just bought 2 cases from Aviation Oil Outlet. Free shipping over $100, so I got 2 cases. Their price + shipping was cheaper than many others by $30-70, depending on the site for two cases.

Wait, no one has linked any sites for oil of a different variety yet? This place must be slipping.

I used to buy from several places at very similar prices. At my current airport, I buy it at basically the same price and they bring it to my hangar and just add it to my monthly fuel bill. Life is good!

We have a huge oil distributor in Sacramento and, oddly enough and not mentioned on their web site, they carry cases and cases of all sorts of aviation oil at excellent prices! And they sell to the public. You might try something like that? Surprised me pleasantly....

http://www.ramosoil.com/
Brake fluid too. I go nowhere else for fluids. Theyre also really close to our executive airport.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Back