Best FBO T-Shirts?

Picked up a cap in Roswell similar to this one...

s-l1600.jpg

Boonville Ca. Years ago, Amelia Reed (well known 152 aerobat airshow pilot) apparently made an "emergency" stop here years ago. The emergency was a desparate need to pee. "Wheres the toilet?", were her first words on exiting the aircraft.

After that, the Boonville Airport built a large "control tower" toilet next to yhe runway.

It gave "the place to go", a whole new meaning and is now celebrated on their t-shirts.

Attachments

• 20181124_184713.jpg
    20181124_184713.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 114
On a trip with @WannFly recently we stopped in Sioux Falls (KFSD) at Maverick. Cool logo! Great FBO!!! So i bought a FBO tshirt!

View attachment 69435

Anyone else have any other cool FBO tshirt/logo recommendations?

Stopped at Maverick a few years back. Treated me like royalty even in my lowly 182. Very nice outfit.
Even let me hangar for the night, then preflight in the nice warm hangar. Tugged is out when we were ready to depart and off we went.

Yeah Maverick is up there great FBO list :)

Trivia Fact: It is apparently owned by Sandford Medical.

Not an FBO, but still aviation.
Many years ago used to be an outfit here called Bow Helicopter.
Their Tshirts read "Nothing beats a Bow job"

An interesting aside about FBO T-shirts.

Back in the mid-90s Mary and I noticed that few FBOs sold "stuff" that was unique to their airport. We were flying a lot, and wanted something to remember each airport by.

So,we had the idea of marketing custom T-shirts to FBOs around the Midwest. The idea was to have the appropriate piece of the sectional chart on it, along with the airport name, Airport ID, and some minor customization for each FBO. We would design it and sell it to the FBOs at a profit. It would be fun! Pilots could collect them everywhere they went!

Then, the wheels came off GA. FBOs everywhere started going out of business, many airports stopped selling full-service gas, most little airports became unstaffed.

And that was that.

I used to have several of the "Pelican Aviation" from Acadiana, LA, shirts.

They were a popular gas stop for USAF jets flying out of the southeast...free food, free t-shirts, cute girls working there...

32761384_2088589048044905_7840439812183031808_n.jpg

An interesting aside about FBO T-shirts.

Back in the mid-90s Mary and I noticed that few FBOs sold "stuff" that was unique to their airport. We were flying a lot, and wanted something to remember each airport by.

So,we had the idea of marketing custom T-shirts to FBOs around the Midwest. The idea was to have the appropriate piece of the sectional chart on it, along with the airport name, Airport ID, and some minor customization for each FBO. We would design it and sell it to the FBOs at a profit. It would be fun! Pilots could collect them everywhere they went!

Then, the wheels came off GA. FBOs everywhere started going out of business, many airports stopped selling full-service gas, most little airports became unstaffed.

And that was that.

That's actually a cool idea.

I get too many free t-shirts. Second most useless are hats that don't fit me (fortunately, Margy takes those off my hands).
I still have an cigar ash tray made by sawing through a lycoming piston at the wrist pin that I bought on my long XC back in 1982.
Reading, PA used to give away a box of pretzels with a fill up.

T-shirt?

Every time I stop trough FTW l, Texas Jet gives me a free polo shirt and steak rub.

They see that Beech taxi up and they KNOW they are going to make the monthly avgas sales target. :D

Back