Best $100 Burger

It might take a few fuel stops from there.....but the crab cake at Kay's in Cambridge, MD is good eats. (CGE)

I would dispute it, the scenery is very flat indeed but with some nice hills on far horizon. And from 1000+ ft the scenery could be quite impressive.

I didn't say it was boring…it isn't.

It smells and looks like cow poop, just a couple of miles north. Not your normal cattle country cow poop. Mountains of the stuff, not a blade of grass in sight due to it. Those steer are housed in much-too-close proximity to each other.

It smells and looks like cow poop, just a couple of miles north.
Love this smell, plus it is limited to this one area.
But there are many other smells along I-5 when you drive the whole stretch, very agricultural, absolutely love it, driving in my convertible with top down. :yes:

Close to Dallas, I've had some really excellent burgers at the Beacon Cafe at Hicks Field (T67) on the northwest side of Ft. Worth.

Also the burgers at Cedar Mills on Lake Texoma (3T0) - Pelican's Landing Restaurant - are pretty decent too.

Here in Wichita Falls, you can land at Kickapoo (KCWC) and borrow the courtesy car and drive a few miles west down Southwest Parkway to the Parkway Grill, which has been a local favorite for over 30 years (http://parkwaygrill.com/). Also, a couple blocks east of the Parkway Grill is a place called "Texas Best BBQ & Burgers" (http://www.texasbestbeefjerky.com/texasbestbbg_burgers.php ) which has really good homemade style burgers too. Their "Texas Size Buffalo Steak Burger" is really really big, and really really good.

Last edited:
Close to Dallas, I've had some really excellent burgers at the Beacon Cafe at Hicks Field (T67) on the northwest side of Ft. Worth.

Also the burgers at Cedar Mills on Lake Texoma (3T0) - Pelican's Landing Restaurant - are pretty decent too.

Beacon Cafe is GREAT! Their quesadillas are seriously the best I've ever had. I had a grilled chicken sandwich there too, and it was really good. They also have a really good breakfast buffet on the weekends: omelet chef, waffle and pancake station, etc.

Pelican's Landing has better scenery, and the food is decent, but Beacon has them beat on taste, for sure. Both are fun little local flights.

The chicken cordon blu sandwich I had today at the Blue Hangar Cafe (at Northwest Regional, 52F, in Dallas) was one of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever had!

I will second Kay's a KCGE. Best crab cakes I have ever had.

If you make it down to College Station, head over to Fuegos. Best Tacos ever!

About 5mins drive,there are always crew cars available at the FBO:D

Guys talk about this place. We're down there a few times a year on the fire ground at A&M.

Back