MulePilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
MulePilot
Hey guys,
A while back I had posted a thread looking for opinions on whether to pursue my commercial certificate in a G1000 172S, or in a steam gauge B58, before moving to corporate aviation. Overwhelming, the response was to feed two engines over the magenta line. I want to thank everyone who gave their 2 cents; I read every reply.
Now, since I’m doubling my powerplants, I’d like to hear any advice you all may have. Good, bad, scary, I’ll take it all. What have you learned, what would you do different, what to watch out for...etc.
In case you haven’t seen the other thread or want to look over it, I’ll post it right here. Thanks to all.https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/multi-time-vs-glass-time.114598/

Edit: In case there was some confusion, I’ll be training in a BE58 Baron.

Over 800 hours instructing in the Seminole now, and the biggest thing that makes a difference in a student's success is knowing the flows! Get them ahead of time from your instructor and be able to quote them word for word quickly, efficiently, accurately. If you find yourself pausing thinking about what comes after "landing gear down", then you don't know them well enough. For students that struggle, I give them a redemption chance to study/practice then actually time their flows prior to flying with them again. Not saying you should time yourself, but make a tangible goal--whether thats timing or being able to recite them 20 times in a row without making a mistake. It flies just like a single engine, but if you are so focused on figuring out what to do next, you won't have time to learn its handling characteristics and you won't be looking outside. If you can sit in the airplane for a few hours and touch everything while you say it, that'll make your training much easier. Flows, flows, flows! Speed, speed, speed! And efficiency, efficiency, efficiency!

Back