Beef has a much greater environmental burden...

Cow is yummy but butchering a vegetarian/vegan yields more edible meat.

…than other sources of protein, including fowl, pork, eggs and dairy. Cows use an order of magnitude more land, water, and consume far more nitrogen and release more CO2, according to a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

I read recently the cattle head count today just about matches where we were in Buffalo head count back in the 1800s before the massive slaughter. If they're the culprit in warming, why didn't we warm up then? :dunno:

I read recently the cattle head count today just about matches where we were in Buffalo head count back in the 1800s before the massive slaughter. If they're the culprit in warming, why didn't we warm up then? :dunno:
Because Algore wasn't born until 1948.

Ethanol in gasoline is a colossal waste of the same thing and steals food from the table to boot.

Yessir, you can thank big payoffs from Agribusiness for that.

This kind of comparison is ludicrous. We can do this all day. What's your favorite food? Whatever it is it will be more wasteful than whatever my favorite food is, wanna bet?

My favorite food is beans son, and you won't find anything more environmentally friendly, nutritious, or good for you. Beans and rice are staple foods of peasants all over the world.

But beef is tasty, nutritional and is my preferred protein.

What about all of the phosphates and other runoff into streams and waterways from those who grow soybeans as an alternate, tasteless, textureless protein substitute? No thanks! Give me a nice herd of cows instead.

Please take your crusade elsewhere. :mad2: I am a member of PETA--People Enjoying Tasty Animals.

P.S.--vegetables are not food. Vegetables are what food eats.

"If God didn't intend for people to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat." -- Ted "Motor City Madman" Nugent

Last edited:
Yessir, you can thank big payoffs from Agribusiness for that.

My favorite food is beans son, and you won't find anything more environmentally friendly, nutritious, or good for you. Beans and rice are staple foods of peasants all over the world.

Beans use a LOT of water to grow. And the plant part is thrown out, waste. Beans also make humans fart. That makes methane which is a green house gas.

Next.

Cow is yummy but butchering a vegetarian/vegan yields more edible meat.

Vegetarian fed long pork is chewy and stringy. The best meat is raised on a steady diet of Nintendo, twinkles, Doritos, and Mountain Dew Code Red, you got catch them before the testicles drop for the best though, it's like veal, you can taste the innocence.

Don't beans cause flatulence, which contributes to global warming?? :dunno:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Water falls out of the sky where I live. We call it rain.

Doesn't have to be. The plants can grow more beans.

Actually, humans fart CO2, but we exhale a lot more. Cows fart methane.

Laughing. A fart is a fart is a fart. Humans fart methane. If you don't believe it try sticking a lit match near your ass next time you do it.

Laughing. A fart is a fart is a fart. Humans fart methane. If you don't believe it try sticking a lit match near your ass next time you do it.

Not very often something on POA makes me LOL but you just did it.

Don't beans cause flatulence, which contributes to global warming??
There is a solution to that problem: Let the bean eaters pipe themselves into the fuel system as they drive their hybrid cars around. Making the connection automatic would entail only a minor redesign of the driver's seat.

Beans, beans, their good for your heart. The more you eat, the more you fart.

There is a solution to that problem: Let the bean eaters pipe themselves into the fuel system as they drive their hybrid cars around. Making the connection automatic would entail only a minor redesign of the driver's seat.

:eek:Woo!:goofy::redface:

"If God didn't intend for people to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat." -- Ted "Motor City Madman" Nugent

Another oldie but goodie:

If God didn't want us to eat meat, He would have made it more fun to hunt broccoli.

:confused: Then why can you light human farts?:dunno:

Methane and hydrogen are present in human flatulence in trace amounts, making the gaseous emissions of some people flammable. The main component of human flatulence is nitrogen, since it is also the chief component of the atmosphere.

Google:

"Science claims smelling farts may prevent cancer"

You just can't make that up.

Absolutely. If you smell flatulence sufficiently often, you'll spend much of your time nauseous and unable to eat. Calorically deprived mammals have a markedly reduced incidence of tumors.

Absolutely. If you smell flatulence sufficiently often, you'll spend much of your time nauseous and unable to eat. Calorically deprived mammals have a markedly reduced incidence of tumors.

No no no.

That is:

"Science claims smelling farts cause weight loss"

Can't remember what rag I read the cancer thing in tho.

No no no.

That is:

"Science claims smelling farts cause weight loss"

Yes, but sufficient weight loss is protective against carcinogenesis.

That said, I can think of worse things than dying of cancer. Admittedly, being exposed to constant human flatulence is among them.

Not very often something on POA makes me LOL but you just did it.

Come to a pilot forum to discuss fart composition and what foods contribute the most to climate change :goofy:

I am glad so many of you guys have gone vegetarian. We need more of you so I can happily free-ride and enjoy me some nice steak off my grill.

And if enough of them go vegan, it will drive beef prices down for the rest of us.

-Rich

Relevant: :D

comic.php

…than other sources of protein, including fowl, pork, eggs and dairy. Cows use an order of magnitude more land, water, and consume far more nitrogen and release more CO2, according to a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

One volcanic eruption does more "environmental damage" than all the cows ever living on earth. Why these left wing wacks want to cherry pick their issues is hard to understand.....

One volcanic eruption does more "environmental damage" than all the cows ever living on earth. Why these left wing wacks want to cherry pick their issues is hard to understand.....

Cause Al Gore's makin' money doin' it. :yes:

Well, let's look at some numbers.

The US has a bit over 300 million people. Compare this to:

1.3 Billion people in the world who have no access to electricity and at least another billion or two who have inadequate access. These folks are not going to sit in the dark and sweat in order to save the planet, even if that would do it. They will continue breeding much faster than the developed world and will increasingly demand and get electricity, much of it generated by new coal-fired plants.

• Example: In the next 30 years, non-OECD countries will ADD electricity consumption equal to 1.5 times the entire current consumption of the OECD. (US Energy Info Admin)
  • Example: The population of Tanzania is expected to grow from the present 48 million to 138 million by 2050. In contrast Spain, now at 46M is expected to grow to 48M. (Population Reference Bureau)

3 Billion people in developing countries, also breeding much faster than the OECD world. As they develop they will be increasingly adding meat to their diets.

• Example: Demand for pork (metric tons) in China has more than quintupled from the 1970s, when it was similar to total US demand. US demand has stayed roughly flat. On a per-capita basis the Chinese are still far behind the US, though, so this trend will certainly continue. (USDA/Forbes)

So the bottom line is that even a large fraction of Americans becoming vegetarians and driving around in Priuses has an impact that is below statistically insignificant. There's nothing wrong with embracing this behavior as a hobby or because it produces personal dietary benefits but to think one is having an impact is either due to ignorance of the mathematics or is IMHO delusional. To resurrect an old saw: It is like wetting your pants in a dark suit. You get a warm feeling, but nobody notices.

The train is on the tracks and rolling. That is not a value judgment; it is an observation. People will just have to deal with the consequences, because they are essentially inevitable.

Back