For Sale Beechcraft B19 Raffle! Ends September 30, 2017

meltsner

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
piperflyer
Only 2,000 tickets will be sold so a great chance at a great plane! Besides the Beech, 2 other prizes will be awarded. Tickets are $50, or $125 for 3, and raffle ends September 30, 2017 unless all tickets are sold. Get your tickets while supporting a good cause! Official link for rules, details & tickets is go.rallyup.com/PCL. Also check out video on Planned Childhood Life's Facebook page.

Edit...I've tried adding pictures but it won't let me post them.

Last edited:
Edit...I've tried adding pictures but it won't let me post them.
By design, our "front porch of aviation" requires a certain number of posts before adding photos.

But thanks for the notice of the raffle! I will check it out.

FRAUD ALERT -- do not purchase tickets for this plane until you read the additional info below.

Scroll down to post #24 before you consider purchasing tickets for this raffle.

Edited 09/06/17: Derek Tippins, an individual involved with this raffle, responded today by email. He has offered a refund of my ticket purchase, which I have accepted, and he then said he initiated. I am now waiting for it to show up on my account on USAA.com.

Last edited:
Thanks, I figured that's what it was. :) I've been here a while but don't obviously post often.

Thanks, I figured that's what it was. :) I've been here a while but don't obviously post often.
Looks like a worthy cause. But I'm not sure if the name is an oversight, or a strategy?o_O

@meltsner --- Something not working right with the RallyUp.com site where we purchase raffle tickets...

I tried to make a purchase and it continues to not get to the checkout page where I would enter payment info.

@meltsner

Do you have a page where we can go to see more detailed photos and the logbooks? If I can see those, I'm more comfortable buying additional tickets.

@AggieMike88
Yes, logs are complete since new, NDH. I'll see if I can upload pics now, I'm on mobile but if this doesn't work I'll check tomorrow on computer:

IMG_0357.jpg IMG_0359.jpg IMG_0358.jpg IMG_0361.jpg IMG_0355.jpg IMG_0353.jpg DSC_1175.jpg

Looks like a worthy cause. But I'm not sure if the name is an oversight, or a strategy?o_O
@Cooter No not an oversight! Planned Childhood Life (PCL) here in SE GA is an organization dedicated to preserving life as opposed to taking it.

I'll see if it'll let me post their FB link again, and yes they have several videos of the aircraft as well and more on their organization purpose.... facebook.com/plannedchildhoodlife

I'm not affiliated with the organization or directly with the raffle, but I personally know the owner who donated it and am helping spread the word. I've seen the plane in person, it's a great aircraft!

@Cooter No not an oversight! Planned Childhood Life (PCL) here in SE GA is an organization dedicated to preserving life as opposed to taking it.

I'll see if it'll let me post their FB link again, and yes they have several videos of the aircraft as well and more on their organization purpose.... facebook.com/plannedchildhoodlife

I'm not affiliated with the organization or directly with the raffle, but I personally know the owner who donated it and am helping spread the word. I've seen the plane in person, it's a great aircraft!
It's a nice looking airplane! We support a local ministry that provides a similar service, so we were happy to purchase some tickets. Best of luck with the raffle!

Thanks for photo of the books.... now about the individual pages? :)

Probably best to scan them and store on a cloud storage... then provide a link

I'm in for three.

I've owned a B-19 for 21 years. They are a little underpowered with a O-320 cruse about 120mph on about 8.5gph, climb about 500fpm fully loaded, comfortable, stable, responsive. Like any low wing will float if you come in fast. Fairly inexpensive to maintain. Two doors makes it easy to get in and out of.

Beech made a few for the University of Illinois that had an O-360. I have the build list of materials and drawings and was told the O-360 is not that much faster but has a greater climb rate, almost double that of the O-320 version.

Looks like a very clean plane, good luck with your raffle. You may want to post on Beech Aero Club (BAC) forum.

I'm a Piper person, so the two doors alone on the B19 is a bonus! Thanks for the reference @AKBill. @AggieMike88 I will mention it to him, though I can't guarantee and he's going to be gone to help in TX for the next few days. Though this is a raffle...... I can guarantee that someone would sure take it off your hands if you decide not to keep it :cool: (these were pics I took for him a few weeks ago, I've seen inside and out, and can say it is a great solid plane!)

I now have a 0.15% chance to win!
Or more like - 100%, you guys can stop buying tix now.

After buying a chance, and sitting in bed last night with dreams of sugarplanes dancing through my head, I figured it out.

These things are just buying a temporary dream. You get to have a fantasy for a little while that just maybe might come true. Like the lottery, you can think about what you'd do if you win, how it would change your life, what fun you'd have.

After buying a chance, and sitting in bed last night with dreams of sugarplanes dancing through my head, I figured it out.

These things are just buying a temporary dream. You get to have a fantasy for a little while that just maybe might come true. Like the lottery, you can think about what you'd do if you win, how it would change your life, what fun you'd have.

Last time I did that, in an.... less than reputable establishment... it cost me a lot more than $50/shot...

I'm a Piper person, so the two doors alone on the B19 is a bonus! Thanks for the reference @AKBill. @AggieMike88 I will mention it to him, though I can't guarantee and he's going to be gone to help in TX for the next few days. Though this is a raffle...... I can guarantee that someone would sure take it off your hands if you decide not to keep it :cool: (these were pics I took for him a few weeks ago, I've seen inside and out, and can say it is a great solid plane!)
If he is operating the raffle plane while in Texas, tell him to stop by my home drone, KDTO.

Isn't a fantasy or a dream for some. There are 3 people on this board who have won airplanes as prizes. The 150 in my avatar is my Wings of Hope Raffle winner plane. I sold it earlier this year, but I never shy from buying a airplane raffle ticket.

Beautiful plane, awesome opportunity. Good luck to those who enter, for me it's a waste of money. Played raffles, office drawings, you name it, never won a thing. Some people I know win quite a lot. I have zero luck so I'm gonna save my cash for groceries :).

FRAUD ALERT -- do not purchase tickets for this plane via the RallyUp.com system

@meltsner -- I did the "donation" to purchase 12 tickets for this raffle yesterday using my USAA Visa Card. Today, I get a fraud alert from USAA for these purchases as shown in this screen shot

upload_2017-9-1_14-12-44.png

The Babies R Us is in in Virginia which is nowhere near me.

upload_2017-9-1_14-13-40.png

I am on the phone right now with USAA to lock down my card....

FRAUD ALERT -- do not purchase tickets for this plane via the RallyUp.com system

@meltsner -- I did the "donation" to purchase 12 tickets for this raffle yesterday using my USAA Visa Card. Today, I get a fraud alert from USAA for these purchases as shown in this screen shot

View attachment 56059

The Babies R Us is in in Virginia which is nowhere near me.

View attachment 56060

I am on the phone right now with USAA to lock down my card....
Thank you! I'm doing the same

I don't get it. So if I bought tickets for this, I should call my bank and say there is potential for fraud?

I don't get it. So if I bought tickets for this, I should call my bank and say there is potential for fraud?

Yes, ask them to change the number. They will happily do that and send you a new card.

I would.....

Day to day purchases are on my debit card. Bigger transactions, out of state transactions, and internet transactions are on my USAA Visa. I haven't done any of the latter in several weeks until this raffle. So this is why I suspect the raffle ticket purchase is linked to the transactions in Virginia.

My card is fine, it's really not fair to assume the fraud is due to the raffle, of course that opinion will probably change if I get hit, but I'm good so far.

My card is fine, it's really not fair to assume the fraud is due to the raffle, of course that opinion will probably change if I get hit, but I'm good so far.
No strange charges on mine, but I was double charged by the raffle. That part is suspect, I only got a confirmation email for one charge.

FYI, I checked up on Rallyup.com, and they seem like a legitimate company that provides fundraising help for nonprofits. It's possible they might have been hacked without any wrongdoing on their part, or the part of the underlying charity. Or the fraud may have come from somewhere else. But since Mike hasn't used his card for anything else recently...

The $50 showed up on my card, but nothing else since then. Fingers crossed.

I called USAA and they said they've had an outbreak in fraud recently. There's at least a chance that the raffle is legit.

Nothing extra on mine.

Update 09/06/17: Derek Tippins, an individual involved with this raffle, responded today by email. He has offered a refund of my ticket purchase, which I have accepted, and he then said he initiated. I am now waiting for it to show up on my account on USAA.com.

I charged it to my credit card. No weird charges after that.

Gosh... Credit card fraud, manipulating what women do with their vaginas, AND the chance at winning a little baby Beechcraft. I gotta ask, where else does $50 go so far? :)

Gosh... Credit card fraud, manipulating what women do with their vaginas, AND the chance at winning a little baby Beechcraft. I gotta ask, where else does $50 go so far? :)
How exactly do you connect this raffle with someone trying to control women's vaginas? Only a twisted mind would take helping young women care for their children as an affront. You reveal too much of yourself.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/proverbs/17-28.html

Back