Beech BE-33 down in CT. Pilot survives

The very worst facet of this site is the rapidity with which some members turn on and condemn fellow pilots long before all the facts are known.

It's repulsive, actually.
The pilot admitted on the radio to having insufficient fuel. Insufficient fuel and the pilot knew it. What other facts do you need?:lol:

Its out of fear though right?
Like a defense mechanism?

If you can find something that someone else did that to you is wrong then you can separate yourself from dying that particular death.

That is all part of it, denial is also part of the natural process through notification of loss. Even when not direct loss, it is still an ingrained function at some level.

That is all part of it, denial is also part of the natural process through notification of loss. Even when not direct loss, it is still an ingrained function at some level.
yup.....it's not just a big river. :no:

The pilot admitted on the radio to having insufficient fuel. Insufficient fuel and the pilot knew it. What other facts do you need?:lol:

Because you don't know why. Could have been her error. Or could have been any number of failures on the aircraft. But we know that's not important to you. Why let facts and reason get in the way of your blind assumptions, right?

If you can find something that someone else did that to you is wrong then you can separate yourself from dying that particular death.
There's a wide gap between minimizing the event ("I check my fuel religiously to avoid this") and minimizing the individual ("XXXX is an idiot for running out of gas.") There's a disgusting tendency on POA to identify character traits in victims rather than errors they've made and how to avoid them. All unburdened by facts and based on sources known to be unreliable.

Nauga,
and his pal Rags ;)

Agree. What happened to the Cessna.

Ha. Missed this.
Got bored last night and started wondering what all I could stick through that hole.

Once I did up a nice photo of my own plane (Cessna was CFI's) I will use it.

There's a wide gap between minimizing the event ("I check my fuel religiously to avoid this") and minimizing the individual ("XXXX is an idiot for running out of gas.") There's a disgusting tendency on POA to identify character traits in victims rather than errors they've made and how to avoid them. All unburdened by facts and based on sources known to be unreliable.

Nauga,
and his pal Rags ;)

I love your changing sig with every post.
very few of them make sense to me but they make me laugh

If I am ever a "Victim" of mismanaging my fuel, flying over an airport, calling for ATC, having others on frequency tell me to switch fuel tanks, and I instead choose to crash into some trees because I am lost -- feel free to lampoon me as mercilessly as you wish.

Waste of a nice looking Debonair.

Ha. Missed this.
Got bored last night and started wondering what all I could stick through that hole.

Once I did up a nice photo of my own plane (Cessna was CFI's) I will use it.

Last time you did that, Mrs 6PC ended up preggers....:yikes:......:D

Nauga,
and his pal Rags ;)

That is because we have yet to completely evolve from a competitive species to a compassionate one.

Because you don't know why. Could have been her error. Or could have been any number of failures on the aircraft. But we know that's not important to you. Why let facts and reason get in the way of your blind assumptions, right?
She knowingly ran out of gas while flying. The cause pilot error. 100% she screwed up, then if we are to believe the poster that heard her on the radio and the vicinity of airports, did a **** poor job of dealing with her screw up. And no she won't go out with you because you are trying cover her mistakes.:rofl:
Reality check for all you sensitive men if you screw up and your screw up creates a newstory the internet will make fun of you. :lol:

Where did you come across that? But it would appear to fit the fact that pilots on the radio pleaded with her to switch tanks.

If I am ever a "Victim" of mismanaging my fuel, flying over an airport, calling for ATC, having others on frequency tell me to switch fuel tanks, and I instead choose to crash into some trees because I am lost -- feel free to lampoon me as mercilessly as you wish.

Waste of a nice looking Debonair.
Ditto. :thumbsup:

To follow the paradigm you don't have to actually do it, we just have to hear that it happened.

So I'll keep it in mind.

Nauga,
and the rumor mill

Perhaps the engine started sputtering and she looked down at the fuel gauge that was reading empty, because a faulty sump allowed fuel to drain. Perhaps she had one full tank but the selector was switched to the other tank by mistake. You never made a mistake in the cockpit?

Perhaps you are right and she knowingly made a stupid decision. But you don't know that yet.

Perhaps the engine started sputtering and she looked down at the fuel gauge that was reading empty, because a faulty sump allowed fuel to drain. Perhaps she had one full tank but the selector was switched to the other tank by mistake. You never made a mistake in the cockpit?

Perhaps you are right and she knowingly made a stupid decision. But you don't know that yet.

Two things here; 1 fuel mismanagement, or bad luck if we are to believe some here it is possible Isis shot a hole in her fuel tanks. 2 And how she dealt with the unfortunate anti aircraft fire, or whatever sneaky gremlin stole her fuel, which was let's say not done well.

Fuel starvation/ exhaustion has not been determined the culprit yet. You're jumping the gun.

I'd rather wait for a factual report to determine cause. Hey, she lived, the insurance co. bought the plane, and life will go on.

Fuel starvation/ exhaustion has not been determined the culprit yet. You're jumping the gun.
She made radio calls stating low fuel. Do you think she might have been wrong about her fuel state? Then experienced a non-fuel exhaustion related engine failure? :lol::lol::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you hear a live ATC recording? How did you find this out?

Did you hear a live ATC recording? How did you find this out?

Post # 23..

"
I happened to be flying nearby yesterday and heard the whole conversation with ATC. The sun was low in the sky and very bright and by her flight path she was looking right into the sun at the time of her problem. As she got below 2000 feet she was desperately trying to get in touch with ATC but they couldn't hear her anymore. It was actually very scary and a number of pilots over the air asked her to switch fuel tanks but she was too distraught. She didn't know where the nearest airport was and said all that was in front of her were trees.

I'm very thankful that she survived the crash. I felt really bad because I thought I saw her low in the sky and should've turned back to help her find the airport but she just seems so upset and confused that I don't know what I could've done for her. It was all over in a few minutes."

I know of a Deb that went down because the pilot slipped on final and the tank un-ported. Kicking out the slip did not restore power in time. Deb totaled, pilot walked away with minor injuries. -Skip

She made radio calls stating low fuel.

Please explain to us all how you know WHY her fuel was low. You seem to have everything figured out, all the time, from your desk chair, under whatever rock it is you live under.

This is a facetious question. I already know you won't answer it, or will provide some incompetent blind assumption disguised as a fact.

Back