Be careful what you wish for, it might just come true

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
I grew up in eastern part of India in a very hot and humid weather and back then we didn’t have AC everywhere. While growing up I often wished out loud that when I grow up and get a job I am going to move to a “colder” place. Guess someone was listening… it’s -57 windchill here

Should have asked for 10M USD instead

Last edited:
Chennai I'll bet... hottest, most humid experience of my life... nice city though.

The most hottest, humidist experience of my life was three weeks in Yangon, Myanmar. It was over the top hot and humid, and I'm used to hot, humid places.

Chennai I'll bet... hottest, most humid experience of my life... nice city though.
Calcutta (or Kolkata as they call it now), pretty close to Chennai weather

this is the first time in 11 years that I am living here, city declared emergency due to cold and shut down everything!!

I don't know why I live here.. there is something seriously wrong with me

While growing up I often wished out loud that when I grow up and get a job I am going to move to a “colder” place.

I grew up in south east Texas. I told my parents that when I grow up I am moving to where it is not hot and humid. I found myself in Alaska. Now I live in New Mexico. No more 100 degree days with 100% humidity for me. I only go back to Texas in the winter. And Alaska in the summer.

I guess it's not that bad here after all :)

50853187_10156160344824103_7915958393947291648_n.png

I don’t see any towns in Florida on the wind chill chart.

You could move to Arizona or New Mexico, but then you'll need to find a safety pilot to stay IR current. You could move to California but then you'll have to constantly endure PoA declaring what a mistake it was to do so. I think Texas is probably your safest bet.

Florida. Where you are cleaning up after the last hurricane. Or getting ready for the next one.
Admittedly no frost bite, I'll give them that.

this is the first time in 11 years that I am living here, city declared emergency due to cold and shut down everything!!

9/10 POAers agree.....:stirpot:

I get why some people who have the ability, both financial and otherwise, will have a southern winter home and a northern summer home.

No, there isn't.

the-air-hurts-my-face-this-is-why-ilive-where-11600696.png

I don't see any towns in the Midwest on the hurricane evacuation list... Plus, we don't have the gators, snakes, spiders, and Florida Man.

Hmmm. I could go fly in shorts or play golf today after work. Decisions, decisions....

I think you should go flying in golf shorts. :D

and contrary to popular belief, we don't throw people in wood chippers … not anymore anyways :D

It has abated a bit, but 10 years ago anyone local was quick to point out that the movie plays in central MN and that 'nobody talks like that, you know....'

I get why some people who have the ability, both financial and otherwise, will have a southern winter home and a northern summer home.

Once you hit 50, owning a condo in Mesa seems to be the law around here. That or a spot for your 5th wheel at some campground in TX.

and contrary to popular belief, we don't throw people in wood chippers … not anymore anyways :D
So funny you bring this up...during our last fun flighty my passenger was the guy who actually bought that wood chipper!! He was working on the set and bought it with his per diem money. Sold it a few years later for a nice chunk of change. I think he even used it for a while. Its a cool story. It should now be sitting in a museum...in Fargo (even though it took place in Minnesota)

So funny you bring this up...during our last fun flighty my passenger was the guy who actually bought that wood chipper!! He was working on the set and bought it with his per diem money. Sold it a few years later for a nice chunk of change. I think he even used it for a while. Its a cool story. It should now be sitting in a museum...in Fargo (even though it took place in Minnesota)

First time I watched that movie was the night before I left for fargo...

I don't think I've wished for winter here (when it's summer) since I turned about 35. I tried scuba diving one winter instead of snowmobiling. Sold the sleds the next fall and never looked back.

It was in the 70s today. On Kauai. There's a reason I'm not home in western Washington right now.

Before you get all excited about the wonderful cold weather in the north, remember, I had a head hunter trying to get me to apply for a job in Waukesha, WI. I told him that the mosquitoes are so big in the summer than they have N numbers stenciled on them. No thanks. However, living in the Pacific Northwe(s)t I have had neighbors who went to Arizona for the winter, and I fully understand why.

I like being on the Oregon coast in winter, gets to(and maybe a couple degrees below) freezing for a few days with a couple days of snow, maybe, 4 or 5 "storms of the century" per year where you get to watch anything not attached take flight, and many things that are; and 13 months of rain. There are just fewer tourists in 'winter'.

Last edited:
Back