BATD

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Anybody got a simple explanation of the BATD that can be used with a CFII and count for the 10 hours. List of approved BATD?

AC 61-136A

Bob

AC 61-136A from 2014 out of date, big change in 2016 more changes this year.

I got the citation from the FAA web site this morning. No indication that it is out of date. Effective date shown as 2014, of course.

Bob

Hmmm ... looks as if my X-Plane with yoke, throttle, and pedals won't make the grade.

I got the citation from the FAA web site this morning. No indication that it is out of date. Effective date shown as 2014, of course.

Bob
I think 61.1 was supposed to be changed sometime this year to add a definition of an ATD that says:
"Aviation training device means a training device, other than a full flight simulator or flight training device, that has been evaluated, qualified, and approved by the Administrator."

I think 61.1 was supposed to be changed sometime this year to add a definition of an ATD that says:
"Aviation training device means a training device, other than a full flight simulator or flight training device, that has been evaluated, qualified, and approved by the Administrator."

That's part of the changes being phased in this year, here's the final rule, various bits are taking effect at various times:

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...fication-training-and-pilot-schools-and-other

Back