Bachelor Season 17 - Who is watching

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
Okay yes it's mostly a female thing to watch but I would love to talk/type to others watching it so I post it here. If you don't watch it don't dis it. I know flygirl34q does....

Thoughts on yesterdays 2-4-13 show. Excited for tonights show?

Holy Cow!!!

17 seasons? 17!!????

(sorry, for the mostly off-topic response - but I was just simply stunned that such a show would survive 17 seasons, absolutely floored)

The only good thing about The Bachelor is it keeps the bad drivers off the road during the time it's on.

The only good thing about The Bachelor is it keeps the bad drivers off the road during the time it's on.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let's respect the OP's wishes. :yes:

My wife watches it, and I usually get hooked about 2/3rds the way through. :redface:

Holy Cow!!!

17 seasons? 17!!????

(sorry, for the mostly off-topic response - but I was just simply stunned that such a show would survive 17 seasons, absolutely floored)

I think it's 17. They usually do 2 a year.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let's respect the OP's wishes. :yes:

My wife watches it, and I usually get hooked about 2/3rds the way through. :redface:

I wasn't dissing it. I was actually nominated to be on the show about 5-6 years ago.

I catch it from time to time. Was messing around on the ipad last night with it on since there was absolutely nothing else on. Ended up flipping to Two Broke Girls and didn't pay attention to that either. I used to watch the Bachelor and Bachelorette, mainly to look at hot chicks. But they just keep repeating the same thing over and over.

Oh, and I will turn in my man card for replying to this.

I wasn't dissing it. I was actually nominated to be on the show about 5-6 years ago.

Man, I'd LOVE to see that season! :D

I watch this show like a guilty pleasure... Like the kind of habit you don't want to admit to friends you have. LOL. This go-around though, I wonder how scripted and planned out it really is, because why Sean is keeping a drama-loving, fake, attention-freak like Tierra around is a huge mystery to me. Maybe it's for the ratings... People love to watch a "train wreck" after all. In "real life", on the internet, and on TV. I'm sure everyone can think of someone to whom this label might apply. :) Sometines, men can be really thick when blindsided by a pretty face, and a nice ass, but it really is hard to imagine that Sean can't see through Tierra for who she really is, or is that the role she has been told to play up for tne show?? It's all in the name of entertainment after all. I really hope Sean isn't obligated to carry any fake relationship through to the end. Ugh... Tierra is such a turn-off. The other women have seen through her antics already... time for Sean to wake up too. It's really too bad that some of my favorites have already been eliminated in what more and more seem like sacrifices to a ratings war.

??? How did they find you?

Put me in the horrified about 17 seasons camp. 8 years??? I think I saw 20 minutes of one, once.

Have no fear flygirl I hear Tierra is out the door soon. :)

I watch this show like a guilty pleasure... Like the kind of habit you don't want to admit to friends you have. LOL. This go-around though, I wonder how scripted and planned out it really is, because why Sean is keeping a drama-loving, fake, attention-freak like Tierra around is a huge mystery to me. Maybe it's for the ratings... People love to watch a "train wreck" after all. In "real life", on the internet, and on TV. I'm sure everyone can think of someone to whom this label might apply. :) Sometines, men can be really thick when blindsided by a pretty face, and a nice ass, but it really is hard to imagine that Sean can't see through Tierra for who she really is, or is that the role she has been told to play up for tne show?? It's all in the name of entertainment after all. I really hope Sean isn't obligated to carry any fake relationship through to the end. Ugh... Tierra is such a turn-off. The other women have seen through her antics already... time for Sean to wake up too. It's really too bad that some of my favorites have already been eliminated in what more and more seem like sacrifices to a ratings war.

Can't say as I ever watched the show but it sounds as fake as WWF & WWE wrestling.

Have no fear flygirl I hear Tierra is out the door soon. :)

Oooh... Spoiler alert!! But, I can't say that I'm sorry about that. Sean is so cute and I hated it when Emily axed him for Jef and Arie last year on the Bachelorette! They seemed so picture- perfect for each other. And did you hear that Emily has broken up with Jef and now they aren't getting married?? :( See... She should have picked Sean. Tall, blue eyes, great abs... I could look at that all day and part of tomorrow. Mmmm....

But back to the present... My current faves for Sean are Desiree' and Catherine a close 2nd. I think they are a best fit for him personality-wise as Emily was looks-wise. They aren't the best-looking of the women that are left, but I think Sean is putting looks 2nd this time over compatibility.

We'll see what happens! :D

??? How did they find you?

Put me in the horrified about 17 seasons camp. 8 years??? I think I saw 20 minutes of one, once.

At one time they were looking for single guys that did volunteer work. They were calling volunteer organizations asking them if they had anyone they wanted to nominate for the show. So, a couple of the women with that organization asked me if they could nominated me. I never heard from the producers so my guess is I didn't look good enough for TV.

No TV at home, so I had no clue about the show. Looked it up on Wiki. :dunno: Call me weird, but I just don't see the attraction in watching it.

Sorry for the spoiler. I agree the producers are probably "helping" him choose. But I think his choices are genuine. He probably gets down to two left with one rose and says "I don't want either" and the producers say "Keep Tierra and the ratings will soar and we'll pay you more" But in the end he'll choose who he really wants. I love watching it for the drama, cat fights but more importantly to see Montana (last week) Canada this week. Their going to the Virgin Islands next week. I will NEVER see these places in my life so it's nice to see them on tv, and since i don't have cable I can't just see it on the discovery channel. Bachelor/Bachelorette/any tv is just my escape from real life.

No TV at home, so I had no clue about the show. Looked it up on Wiki. :dunno: Call me weird, but I just don't see the attraction in watching it.

I like watching because the idea of it is so romantic! The show goes to all of these fabulous locations and two people end up falling in love. Everyone deserves to find someone to be their best friend for the rest of their life. The show's track record isn't so good for the couples staying in love after the show, but i like watching it happen.

Didn't watch the first 16, no need to watch #17.

I like watching because the idea of it is so romantic! The show goes to all of these fabulous locations and two people end up falling in love. Everyone deserves to find someone to be their best friend for the rest of their life. The show's track record isn't so good for the couples staying in love after the show, but i like watching it happen.

If you can't stay in love after the cameras are off, and you're on your own, I doubt that it was love to begin with. At least it paid well.

You want romantic? I started chatting with a guy on the AOPA boards back in December of 1999. He lived in WA, I lived in SoCal. I now live in WA and keep his fleet of motorcycles running. Who says you can't find love on the interwebs? :rofl::rofl:

YAY!! I just got caught up with the show and love it that Tierra got dis-missed without even making it to the next rose ceremony. :D Wooo hoooo! Way to go Sean for getting the drama queen and attention whore out of his life. Bottom line... there was a reason(s) that the other women didn't like Tierra and it wasn't jealousy. I laughed out loud when she brought THAT up. Funny how women who crave attention and are drama magnets don't have very many female friends. LOL. I'm still behind Desiree' or Catherine. And I liked Lesley better than Ashlee, who I think is too old for him. But, we'll see how hometown date week goes!

I read this thread out of pure curiosity, to see why some one would watch this sort of show. Still no clue. Obviously it is a female thing, but for the life of me I still don't get the fascination with vicariously living in overly dramatized and scripted scenarios. :dunno:

But hey, I suppose it is harmless. Enjoy it if it rings your bell.

I read this thread out of pure curiosity, to see why some one would watch this sort of show. Still no clue. Obviously it is a female thing, but for the life of me I still don't get the fascination with vicariously living in overly dramatized and scripted scenarios. :dunno:

But hey, I suppose it is harmless. Enjoy it if it rings your bell.

So you never watched Flying Wild Alaska? :wink2:

The show is pure dribble. Not much on that is educational (unless you get into the History channel or something and watch "Modern Marvels" it's just a show that shows fantastic locales that not many people get the opportunity. When they showed St Croix I gasped. My husband said "What?" I then just said "Well I suppose this as close as I'll get to seeing it" So it is enjoyable. I can do without the drama and also glad that Tierra is gone. (She lost her sparkle) But it had to be AWESOME for ratings. :) I liked the Political one that he let go on Monday. I think he's smart enough to choose someone he likes enough.

I am thinking that the "Watching Paint Dry Show" might be more entertaining, but thats just me I suppose. I am glad that Tierra got the boot too, but who is Tierra?

@Tim - think of the most catty women and span her 10x over and it's Tierra. She was a drama queen who liked to cause issues in the house.

Watching Paint dry - isn't that on PBS somewhere with that guy with the big afro?

The show is pure dribble. Not much on that is educational (unless you get into the History channel or something and watch "Modern Marvels" it's just a show that shows fantastic locales that not many people get the opportunity. When they showed St Croix I gasped. My husband said "What?" I then just said "Well I suppose this as close as I'll get to seeing it" So it is enjoyable. I can do without the drama and also glad that Tierra is gone. (She lost her sparkle) But it had to be AWESOME for ratings. :) I liked the Political one that he let go on Monday. I think he's smart enough to choose someone he likes enough.

There are a lot of travel deals going on to go to St. Croix.

I am thinking that the "Watching Paint Dry Show" might be more entertaining, but thats just me I suppose. I am glad that Tierra got the boot too, but who is Tierra?

Tierra del Fuego?

@Tim - think of the most catty women and span her 10x over and it's Tierra. She was a drama queen who liked to cause issues in the house.

Watching Paint dry - isn't that on PBS somewhere with that guy with the big afro?

You know sometimes we menfolk like catty, or is it trashy? Seems there is a song "I like my women just a little on the trashy side".

We just don't like to admit it. As for the drama, I have hearing aids with an off switch, works wonders filtering out the drama.

I have a great story about a huge guy with an afro from my USAF days but I can't tell it.

I have heard of the Del Fuegos, as in Wild Hogs, but no one names Tierra.

So you never watched Flying Wild Alaska? :wink2:

I have watched a couple, but I have enough truly "wild flying" Alaskan hours of my own to recognize the producers went to extremes to make things look more challenging than they were. Although the one episode I watched with the owner landing on a gravel bar was some nice work.

Back