AWOS Phone Numbers in Contacts

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I had a clever idea. Put local/regional AWOS phone numbers in my phones contact list so I can check them before departure. Yes I have some of the various apps that do this. But I also wanted to hear the recording.

The image is how I organized the info.
image.png

I've done the same thing for several years, but I add "AWOS" to the name since I might also want to store the number for the terminal at the same field, or an FBO.

Yeah, I've been doing it for several years as well. I actually need to delete several as I keep adding new ones whenever I move. I still have ones from SoCal though I left there in 2011.

And ATC Approach numbers for getting clearances at non-towered fields.

And ATC Approach numbers for getting clearances at non-towered fields.

Yup, AWOS, road address, gate codes, tower and other numbers of interest too.

Yep do the same. But AWOS/ASOS numbers are disconnected when there is a current ATIS because that is the official weather. Most have a number for that too but it's hard to find sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Foreflight mobile, just pressing on any phone number, like the AWOS/ATIS number in the airport info page, will initiate a phone call to that number.

IMG_0001_zpsnziiyrur.jpeg

Last edited:
Like others have said, I have AWOS, tower, TRACON, and other phone numbers as well as gate codes and any other notes I need in my contacts.

For Android users FlightIntel has the ability to click on an ASOS (or equivalent) and it will dial it :)

I've done this since I first started my flight training just over two years ago. I put them in as WX followed by the name of the town the airport is in.

I always call my home AWOS on the way to the airport and sometimes I call the AWOS of an airport about an hour to the west of me since our weather always seems to come from that direction here in ND.

I have any FAA number that I might need, including ARTCCs, both to call for information and to call in the event of lost communication. Maybe 20-30 in total.

Ha!

I do this too, along with alarm codes for different buildings I'm involved with.

I have a list of jetbridge, elevator, gate, door and bathroom codes. I had to come up with a system as it was getting confusing. Lol

Back