AWC 3 and 4 digit ceilings

This is the only time I’ve ever seen CIG in any station report depicted that way, nor can I find it in any other legend on the internet that has it. If you find out, I’d like to know.

It would have been helpful if you clicked on the airport and showed us the raw METAR. Right now I get something different.

View attachment 128756
Still messed up for me.
Here's screenshots as requested:

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 06-35-59 GFA Observations - Aviation Weather Center.pngScreenshot 2024-05-14 at 06-36-44 GFA Observations - Aviation Weather Center.png

Trying to troubleshoot this issue I found map configuration options > data > METAR > units on the right side of the AWS page. Under METAR units there is an option for: US customary, US aviation and metric (SI). Mine was set to US customary. I changed to the other options, but it didn't change anything on the map.

Last edited:
I contacted AWC with this question (and notified them that I had already tried changing the METAR units). They responded:

Thanks for reaching out. There was an update to the units in the last couple days and some of the settings may have been reset. The METAR display units can be changed in the Map Options, found under the settings wheel on the right side of the map. Select "Data" and then "METAR". Standard units that you are probably most familiar with, are titled US customary, there are also aviation units which include the temperature in celsius, and metric units. If this doesn't fix the problem, try clearing your cache. Please let us know if you have any questions.

After receiving their response above, I cleared the cache. I was already (and still on) US customary METARS. No change; the issue persists.

Just tried loading the page on Bing; it works properly on Bing.
Firefox is the browser I am using that has the erroneous Cig numbers.

Fixed. I had to clear cookies on Firefox to get the Cig numbers correct again on the AWC Observations page.

Back