Avionics Stock Sale - Avidyne IFD440 - 2 in stock

Avionics Place @ KRFD

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Avionics Place
Avidyne IFD440 Stock Sale!

Avionics Place, Rockford, IL.

Come get a personalized demo at our shop. IFD540 & IFD440 Demo units in the lobby.

5ad8147e-fe15-4050-bc5b-7d5c7063e52b.jpg

Attention Pilots - We have a few IFD440's in stock that we are looking to sell. If you currently have a GNS-430 or GNS-430W installed in your plane, now is the time to upgrade while you can still get good money for your Garmin 430.

eece80c2-cc35-4a7a-9f98-3d3a76ee68fc.jpg

IFD440 with WIFI / Bluetooth / Forward Looking Terrain Awareness

• $11,000 - No Trade in
  • $5,250 - Cost after GNS430W trade in (14/28 Multi-volt unit )
  • $7,700 - Cost after GNS430 trade in
* Note - Trade in must be in 100% working condition or trade in value will be less.

c8303504-e222-4888-98e0-952d04735aef.jpg

The IFD440 (when equipped with WIFI & Bluetooth) is capable of transferring flight plans from your iPad via the built in WIFI in the IFD440. The IFD series communicates with the following EFB's:

• Foreflight
  • FlightPlanGo
  • Seattle Avionics (FlyQ)
  • And more to come!

cc0e6679-618e-4364-aa87-42d4213bcedb.jpg

New Synthetic Vision - That will be available in Avidyne's new 10.2 software release.

If you have any questions please feel free to call us directly at 815-229-5360. Or you can email Ryan Paul at Ryan@Avionicsplace.com

What deals do you have for the 540?

Will you sell those good working GNS430Ws for $5700?

Will you sell those good working GNS430Ws for $5700?
Hi James -

We normally mark our 430W's up as we are an avionics shop and that is how we make money. Pricing normally depends on how many we have in stock as well as if they are 14/28V or just 28V or 14V. There is a good chance I'll have about 20 430Ws coming into stock in the next month or two. Call the shop next month and I'll give you a good price as I will be trying to unload them. 815-229-5360 - Ryan

Hi James -

We normally mark our 430W's up as we are an avionics shop and that is how we make money. Pricing normally depends on how many we have in stock as well as if they are 14/28V or just 28V or 14V. There is a good chance I'll have about 20 430Ws coming into stock in the next month or two. Call the shop next month and I'll give you a good price as I will be trying to unload them. 815-229-5360 - Ryan

Your phone number and discussion seem to match up. That's great for a 2 post member selling stuff.

Best wishes.

Wow.

Originally introduced in 1998, 430's still command this kind of value. Crazy.

Wow.

Originally introduced in 1998, 430's still command this kind of value. Crazy.

Why wouldn't it?

It shoots all the same approaches, and unlike the new boxes has quite a bit for a track record behind it, most pilots know the buttons to the point that in a emergency they can go to the nearest airport just off touch without looking at the thing, I mean I'd upgrade my 430/530 but it's not really a upgrade, it's spending money for the sake of spending money.

I also like how I the advertisement they compare the GNS set to the CDI screen to the avidine on a map screen

I think the only drawbacks to the 430/530 are the limited memory and the diminishing stock of parts.

It's well documented that they are dropping things out of the database (airports with shorter runways are one) to be able to fit in the limited memory.

Eventually they will be unrepairable. Before that parts will be danged expensive. (Even more so than now.) Certification costs will prohibit retrofit of newer parts. (Displays for example.)

I think Avidyne did a great "marketing judo" move on Garmin by making the IFDs plug compatible with the 430/530. Since the newer Garmin stuff is not, it's the easier upgrade path for existing installs.

John

Most newer garmin stuff comes with connector hoods that make wiring changes later down the road a bit easier.

I just bought new encoder that came with the cheap ass annoying solder cup type D-sub plug and the chintzy metalized plastic hood, one of the cheapest connectors available.

Even the older stamped metal hoods sucked though a lot of those had the crimp contacts at least.

Why wouldn't it?

Parts and repair risks down the road. How much longer will Garmin repair? Hope they keep working.

I agree - p-n-p IFD models was a genius strategy. We'll see if part 23 helps this situation with allowing other options for certified birds.

I don't see GNS430s falling apart, only MX I really see is a occasional internal battery replacement which isn't garmin specific, with all the chasing the jones types "upgrading" don't think support is going to be a issue, but hey, the economy needs more spenders.

Back