Avionics shop in Canada?

SebIp

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SebIp
We are thinking of doing a panel update now that comm1 died and replacing it with a used out of support unit is not really cost effective. That and some of us in the partnership wished to get our IFR ticket at some point.

Any recommendations of shops in southern Ontario?

Thanks ahead of time!

I can't recommend any shops in southern Ontario as when I did my work I ended up going with a shop closer to home due to COVID reasons, but I had good interactions with MISix up to the planning and quote phase, and they were competitive on price. Again I didn't use them so there's no actual "recommendation" there but I was happy with my interactions with them.

Can a US shop go the work for you?

I can't recommend any shops in southern Ontario as when I did my work I ended up going with a shop closer to home due to COVID reasons, but I had good interactions with MISix up to the planning and quote phase, and they were competitive on price. Again I didn't use them so there's no actual "recommendation" there but I was happy with my interactions with them.

I haven’t used MiSix either but they were good on the phone. The only issue is that I think they are geared more towards heavy jets as opposed to GA stuff.

If you’re willing to fly out west there are a few good shops out this way with not horribly long wait times. Katz Avionics at CYPK, Inland Communications CYKA, Canada West Avionics CZBB.

I haven’t used MiSix either but they were good on the phone. The only issue is that I think they are geared more towards heavy jets as opposed to GA stuff.

If you’re willing to fly out west there are a few good shops out this way with not horribly long wait times. Katz Avionics at CYPK, Inland Communications CYKA, Canada West Avionics CZBB.

Yeah I saw their webpages and it looks more like a shop for larger aircraft.

I’ll take a look at the ones you suggested. One thing for us is we might want to be able to visit and see what’s going on, or even do stuff like help out here and there. So distances is a consideration.

Yeah I saw their webpages and it looks more like a shop for larger aircraft.

I’ll take a look at the ones you suggested. One thing for us is we might want to be able to visit and see what’s going on, or even do stuff like help out here and there. So distances is a consideration.

I suggest looking into the smaller shops then. Some do excellent work, better than some of the larger shops that have a large staff and are just fitting you in between the $100k jobs. If you find a one man shop that does really good work they might be more flexible and willing to let you remove the interior, replace etc. saving you money along the way.

Thanks.

There is a one man operation that we have dealt with at CYOO, my partners wants to get a few quotes before deciding.

Back