Aviation Fantasy

Another local pilot - ! Have we met? So cool that we both fly C150's.

I was just at KSTS (well near there) for the Santa Rosa Tower talk - the ATC / Pilot forum (WINGS).

Local indeed! I doubt we've met though, I'm new to POA and have just been flying since last November. Where do you fly out of? Always good to find a local to talk shop about our nearby airports!

Try KDLS. When the winds whip down the Columbia Gorge you can get some extremely short take-offs and landings. I watched a Luscombe land one day with about a 150 ft roll. The guy called on Unicom to ask if anyone could come out and hold his wingtips while he turned off the runway. It was blowing 35-40kts.

That area is very popular with wind surfers for a reason. :D

Local indeed! I doubt we've met though, I'm new to POA and have just been flying since last November. Where do you fly out of? Always good to find a local to talk shop about our nearby airports!

I fly out of Petaluma. You can often look into fly-ins and find someone who would like to take a pilot / student pilot passenger. No need to wait until you're done with your training!

I fly out of Petaluma. You can often look into fly-ins and find someone who would like to take a pilot / student pilot passenger. No need to wait until you're done with your training!

Nice, I'll keep an eye out. I hit 069 regularly. Thinking I might cut out of work early today and get out there if this damn weather clears up...

Nice, I'll keep an eye out. I hit 069 regularly. Thinking I might cut out of work early today and get out there if this damn weather clears up...

Wish I could say the same. I have to work today and have dinner plans after work.

Tomorrow morning I'm attending a very fun fly out. I'll send you a PM.

Also, I'm now an event co-organizer for a pilot meetup group, probably the one you are talking about. They are how I found out about this weekend.

I belonged to 100 dollar hamburger, and bay area pilots I think it was. Good for you, create some events and get people out.

I belonged to 100 dollar hamburger, and bay area pilots I think it was. Good for you, create some events and get people out.

I did my first event a few weeks ago. Five people showed (which is good, it was an ATC / Pilot forum on a weeknight).

There are other organizers right now who have added enough to fill up the calendar every week. I think for the moment I'll post on POA.

Back