Aviation Analyses

rt4388

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rt4388
Hey guys. So before I swapped over and became a full time flight instructor, I worked in finance for an airline primarily crunching numbers, evaluating projects, etc.. I definitely miss the analytical aspect of what I used to do so I was going to send out a quick email to an aviation consultant and see if there were any ad hoc projects I could work on. I figured I would see if anyone on here has any recommendations on who would be good to reach out to first.

The idea would be to help some business/consultant do ad hoc analyses/projects (remotely), learn about the industry a bit more, and continue to sharpen my finance, economics, etc. skills. I'm a huge statistics and econometrics nerd so any recommendations in those areas would be awesome.

Thanks!

so any recommendations
From the maintenance side, the area that I've seen the biggest number crunching was determining DOC differences between leasing/fractional ownership/full ownership of aircraft. Maybe a good place to start on the ad hoc side would be with fractional consultants/companies. Conklin Dedekker is a big player on the consult side but there are a number of solo consultants too. Also maybe go to a NBAA convention and work the floor.

I had a website that helped corporate Chief Pilots see the consequences of aviation financial cash flows. I meant to provide a tool they could use to justify their existence in the face of hard driving fractional ownership sales reps. The ones who loved the tool were employed by big companies whose accounting departments already did that kind of work, so they didn't subscribe. The smaller company's Chief Pilots didn't really understand concepts like NPV and weren't comfortable using the tool, so they didn't subscribe either. I suggest you go into high-end aircraft sales — convince the buyer they can afford it, then push features and benefits 'till you get your commission.

Back