Austro Engine Overhaul Process

Ray Jr

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rayman
Hello,

My flying cub has a DA-42 and the engines needed to be overhauled. They pulled them out and shipped them to Austria (or maybe Germany I can't remember).

Is that normal? Are all the Austro engine's in North America/the world shipped to the mothership for overhauls? The plane was down for months.

Thanks

Is that normal? Are all the Austro engine's in North America/the world shipped to the mothership for overhauls?
The only thing I know about this topic is warranty related and requires the use of Austro Service centers only. But perhaps contact them direct for a current answer.
support@austroengine.at

Hello,

My flying cub has a DA-42 and the engines needed to be overhauled. They pulled them out and shipped them to Austria (or maybe Germany I can't remember).

Is that normal? Are all the Austro engine's in North America/the world shipped to the mothership for overhauls? The plane was down for months.

Thanks

When I almost closed on a DA-42 before ending back in a Cirrus SR22 a few years ago. Engine overhauls could be done in Canada or Austria at either factory. The turn around time back then was six to eight weeks.
I would expect with all the partial and full closures going on in Europe now, that the lead times are even worse; combined with the production backlog in Canada I doubt there are many options.

Tim

Last edited:
Back