Aunt Bee solos

First post and nobody cares? Welcome Sandy! You did necro a thread however. But yeah it is a great episode.

Actually, it's the 3rd time this thread has been necroed, proving that the Andy Griffith Show will never die.

I'm sure everyone knows that the actress who played Aunt Bea, Frances Bavier, was a pilot in real life.

Lear ADF,

o1MTCR.jpg

I'm sure everyone knows that the actress who played Aunt Bea, Frances Bavier, was a pilot in real life.

After reading this thread, and watching that episode, I Googled her to find out more about her. Had no idea she'd moved to the South after the show ended, but seemed like she became kind of a reclusive old cat lady. Kind of sad.

Actually, it's the 3rd time this thread has been necroed, proving that the Andy Griffith Show will never die.

Until I read about it on POA, I didn't know about this episode, nor did I know the actress was a pilot. Granted I didn't watch the Andy Griffith Show much, even though it was in reruns when I was young.

First post and nobody cares? Welcome Sandy! You did necro a thread however. But yeah it is a great episode.

It just seemed to me that his entire post was just to be able to say that he thinks a 172 is a far cry from his DA40.

After reading this thread, and watching that episode, I Googled her to find out more about her. Had no idea she'd moved to the South after the show ended, but seemed like she became kind of a reclusive old cat lady. Kind of sad.

Having watched my mother go through it, I suspect she didn't necessarily intend become a reclusive cat lady. She just had some cats and they multiplied. It was easier to just let it all go than to put the effort into maintaining it. Shame how the cats ruined her car (1966 Studebaker) by peeing in it.

Going down to Charlotte, I drive past her gravestone. It's about 8 ft tall and still very, very white.

It just seemed to me that his entire post was just to be able to say that he thinks a 172 is a far cry from his DA40.

I didn't take it that way but you might have a point, if that's true then hey, what's wrong with the venerable 172?

Back