ATP...fooled 'em again

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
when i passed my LR-JET type ride, a paperwork screw up prevented the examiner from issuing me an ATP certificate. i sure don't need it, but it bugged me. ATP flight school at GKY offered a multiengine "special" (basically 1/2 price). so, spending my son's inhertance, I signed up. As of noon today, I have a multiengine ATP certificate in my wallet. Yeah.

Last edited:
awesome lance.

RE inheritance: my dad always said he planned to spend every dime.

Now finish that Diamond badge! :D

Excellent and congrats.

BTW you worked for the cash, spend it on you. Your son can get his own!

As the bumper sticker seen on more than one RV says, "We are spending our childrens' inheritance." Go for it!

RE inheritance: my dad always said he planned to spend every dime.

Had this conversation with the chopper pilot's wife at 6Y9 last year. She said she told her kids that her last check would bounce. :rofl:

Lance, congrats on the ATP! I'm trying hard to be right behind you in all the things you do - I got the right-place-at-the-right-time jet time in a few weeks ago in a Hawker 800. Unfortunately, that was pretty much a one-time thing but it was a GREAT learning experience. (Look for it on a Pilotcast soon. :))

So you're in North Texas? Do I get to buy you a congratulatory beverage of your choice?

So you're in North Texas? Do I get to buy you a congratulatory beverage of your choice?
Much as I would have liked that, I went right from GKY to DFW and came home. I was beat. Got to the school today for the checkride at 6:45 am as requested. A LOT of stand around and wait. Didn't finish until after 1 pm. How about next time?

Much as I would have liked that, I went right from GKY to DFW and came home. I was beat. Got to the school today for the checkride at 6:45 am as requested. A LOT of stand around and wait. Didn't finish until after 1 pm. How about next time?

You're on!

So, now you've got 5 bars on your spiffy pilot shirt ?

Congratulations!

As the bumper sticker seen on more than one RV says, "We are spending our childrens' inheritance." Go for it!

I've seen many a yacht and fine watercraft in Palm Beach with names that imply such a thing.

Congrats Lance!

Excellent, but I gotta ask, what kinda paperwork snafu would keep you from getting your ATP on a LR type ride?

Excellent, but I gotta ask, what kinda paperwork snafu would keep you from getting your ATP on a LR type ride?
This was at SimCom in Orlando. The check ride was on a Sunday morning. When my sim partner (who also passed...we just switched seats for the PIC ride) and I got in the debrief with the examiner, he said the paperwork he had for me was not made out for the ATP. He couldn't change it (he said) and being Sunday no management was there.
I was so happy about passing, just wanted to get home after being there for 2 weeks and was exhausted; I didn't make a fuss. So, no ATP. Later I made an attempt to get them to change it, but by then it was too late.
Got it now though.
BTW, my ATP written would have expired at the end of this month. It was now or never. I did not want to take that stupid written again. No way.

Last edited:
Back