Atlanta POA meetup at RYY June 30th

Wheels up at KGVL ~11:30 (if tires haven't melted)

Rats!! Got called out so I won't be able to make it. If you go around the corner to Hansen Aero, there might be someone from Atlanta Light Sport around that would let ya'll in the hangar and show you some of our cool LSAs. Just head out the street side of the restaurant and bear to the right. I'll call them tomorrow and give them a heads up. Tell them Mitch sent you.

We're doing this. What heat? See you there.

It was great fun to meet everyone! Thanks to everyone for coming. Thanks to Lance for some time at the controls of the Mooney!

I enjoyed the lunch and talking with everybody. Where we going next?

Sorry I missed out. By the time my flight ended at LZU, it was already 1:00. Maybe next time.

It was great meeting everyone. However, when I got back in my plane the pens in my kneeboarding had bent from the heat!!! Today was the hottest day ever recorded in Atlanta.

It was great meeting everyone. However, when I got back in my plane the pens in my kneeboarding had bent from the heat!!! Today was the hottest day ever recorded in Atlanta.

The car was nice and cool! ;)

Any pics or did the camera melt too? :)

I was thinking about you guys as I was driving to my errands Saturday. I can't recall ever flying when the temp was above 100F. It does remind me of when I was training for my PPL. It was the hottest day of the year - I think around 97 degrees - and that day I had an instructor from the UK. After we piled out of the mighty 152 thoroughly roasted, he wondered aloud why people would live in such a hot place!

I called the WDR AWOS Friday afternoon from work - it was reporting 41C (104!) and a 4100' density altitude. That's got to be a record for around here.

Any pics or did the camera melt too? :)

I was thinking about you guys as I was driving to my errands Saturday. I can't recall ever flying when the temp was above 100F. It does remind me of when I was training for my PPL. It was the hottest day of the year - I think around 97 degrees - and that day I had an instructor from the UK. After we piled out of the mighty 152 thoroughly roasted, he wondered aloud why people would live in such a hot place!

I called the WDR AWOS Friday afternoon from work - it was reporting 41C (104!) and a 4100' density altitude. That's got to be a record for around here.

My wife left our camera in the car! We had Kyle, Dave, Lance, Jeremy, Paul, myself, my wife, Paul's son and his current SO. We missed you Rich, wish you had been there.

Kyle, Lance and Paul flew in and Jeremy flew with Lance.

Sounds like a good turnout. I thought of you guys sitting under the a/c in the restaurant as we were loading furniture on Saturday. Looks like we can add "Moved on the hottest day ever in Atlanta" to our list of accomplishments now. Yippee.

Sounds like a good turnout. I thought of you guys sitting under the a/c in the restaurant as we were loading furniture on Saturday. Looks like we can add "Moved on the hottest day ever in Atlanta" to our list of accomplishments now. Yippee.

That must have been a tough day. I can't imagine trying to move on a day like Saturday, except maybe now since the humidity has been climbing each day. Hopefully we'll get to meet you at the next one.

Wish I could have made it. One of the birthday parties got rescheduled and my wife ended up having to go to work, and I ended up working our church's fireworks booth until noon. I'd forgotten about the meetup when I heard about the party being rescheduled and not going to the other because my wife was working. :/

Next time!

Back