ATC Melt down. The pros do it too!

:lol: I used to work ramps 3 and 4. It's rare, but those guys can get quite an attitude. Lima and Mike are parallels that run the length of the runway on the northern side.

Live and learn, that's all.

Last edited:
Whoa. That pilot went way over the line. The controller didn't have an attitude.

ATC kept his cool when the DL pilot showed his a$$. Good on the ground controller :yes:

I didn't hear the ACT guys displaying any kind of attitude. Maybe the pilot was just embarrassed? What am I missing? :dunno:

Sounds like the classic control freak being told he's wrong.

Why get angry on the radio...if the ATC guy was being curt, so what? Just do what they guy wants, or ask for clarification and then do that...

I didn't hear the ACT guys displaying any kind of attitude. Maybe the pilot was just embarrassed? What am I missing? :dunno:

I think he was pi$$ed about the 30 min ground hold and lost it.

Also keep in mind, he ( the Captain) is the one who would have turned onto the wrong taxi-way. The initial guy talking calmly is the FO. Then after the controller corrects them, that's when Captain Happy hits the PTT.

Hope the ATL FSDO does not get a call from Oklahoma complaining about this degrading safety.

Wow. That flight attendant must have dumped with a text.

You know Captain Happy is going to be hearing that nicknane for a long time.

You know Captain Happy is going to be hearing that nicknane for a long time.

I wonder how many times someone has e-mailed him the audio link saying "Hey was this you??"

Anybody else think Captain Happy sounded a lot like Howard Stern (voice and attitude)?

Captain Happy, doesn't like being told he made a mistake. Should have let it go,now everyone knows what a jerk he is.

Just think, a simple "sorry, turning to Mike" would have made this all a non event. What fun would that be for us though?

Back