Asiana in the news again

Only a training captain has authority to divert and there was no training captain on board...it's the corporate culture...

Capt Sum Ting Wong must be back in the left seat again....

It was, no doubt, the fault of the airport authority in Saipan.

Doesn't Boeing have some responsibility here too?

Absolutely! Had they not hung those engines from the pylons, the engine would never have had a filter get clogged.

Absolutely! Had they not hung those engines from the pylons, the engine would never have had a filter get clogged.

What about the FMS not alarming when the auto-divert was inhibited by the flight control system? This is some serious stuff...

What about the FMS not alarming when the auto-divert was inhibited by the flight control system? This is some serious stuff...

Clearly, someone forgot to install the FMD (Flight Management Dog).

Clearly, someone forgot to install the FMD (Flight Management Dog).

Oh, it was installed, but unfortunately it was served at dinner!! :yikes:
(I'm going to hell for that one)

Don't forget GE for making an engine that needs fuel to run.

Do you think they got suspended because the cost of replacing an engine on freaking Saipan?

Good God, and I thought we had a bureaucracy problem!

"A 47-member committee comprising government officials and experts will be assembled to look into the incident."

The final nail in Asiana's coffin for me. No way do I ride them again. It's been years, and now that string will run to infinity.

Doesn't Boeing have some responsibility here too?

The fact that the Asiana airliner with a malfunctioning engine did not divert to a nearby airport is entirely the fault of all companies who supplied parts and components used to build the aircraft. The pilots themselves have no responsibility for their actions.

YGBFSM!! How does anyone outside the cockpit have any responsibility for the actions of the flight crew???

The final nail in Asiana's coffin for me. No way do I ride them again. It's been years, and now that string will run to infinity.
Unfortunately, they are a member of Star Alliance. If you fly that way and deal with United, they will put you on Asiana. This is a problem for me because of my wife's mileage with United. If you can boycott United too, then sure.

The fact that the Asiana airliner with a malfunctioning engine did not divert to a nearby airport is entirely the fault of all companies who supplied parts and components used to build the aircraft.

Don't give them ideas!!!:yikes::yikes::D

Back