Here is my plan:
11/22 HPN --> FWQ --> BMG or JVY stop overnight
11/23 --> TBN --> PNC family

11/24 PNC --> RVS family
11/25 RVS --> SAR --> I43 --> 1N9 --> HPN
or RVS --> TKX --> DKX --> SFQ --> HPN home
11/26 weather delay safety margin

- Aunt Peggy

No real travel, but Brent and I are taking the 182 down to Hilton Head for lunch at Charley's Crab on Saturday. Just a quick day trip...

Of all weekends to get married my cousin picks this Saturday, yeah the weekend after Thanksgiving at The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA. We are going to the rehersal dinner also, which is Friday which meams we have to miss T-day with our family in PA.

My wife can't cook to save her life and Anthony ain't making a turkey for two people.

No on Turkey day but on Saturday we will head to Fort Wayne, IN to see my nieces.

The route will be:

"cleared to the smith field airport via radar vectors, peotone, climb and maintain 3000 expect 4000 after 10 minutes, contact departure on 120.55, and sqawk XXXX"

So I wil be on a heading of 180 then vectored way further south than I need and then direct to Smith. Consistency!

Yep, we're off to Tucson (Green Valley) to Mom's. Picking up a niece in Santa Fe on the way.

FNL-SAF-TUS tomorrow starting around 1800Z then back Saturday.

Just a short hop from 9D9 to some airport Barb Miller already claimed in the CONUS challenge.

Bill Jennings said:
No real travel, but Brent and I are taking the 182 down to Hilton Head for lunch at Charley's Crab on Saturday. Just a quick day trip...
Is this a possible SE flyin?:rolleyes:

Actually I'm going to Gastons.

;)

Flying to Nashville for Thanksgiving with the inlaws. KSPW --> KJWN.

James Dean

Lance F said:

Could be. I PM'd woodstock, but she's not going to be at HXD this weekend. If you want to drop over, that would be great. So far, the progs look nice for flying in the SE Saturday.

Maybe I should put a quick post over in Cool Places to Fly .

James_Dean said:
Flying to Nashville for Thanksgiving with the inlaws. KSPW --> KJWN.

James Dean

Glad your flying James. Stay away from that Porsche please.

:)

Lance F said:

Oh, and if you do go, Brent (my partner) would just love to droll all over your 201.

Aircraft is in annual this week and not going to be back home until monday. :(

So.....Mary and I will be doing the Christmas in St. Michaels for my Birthday instead on the second weekend in December. She said no parade watching.....it's all about hitting ALL the shops.....good grief! :eek:

Hopefully; BTV to LNS (or THV) and return. 3.5 hours flying vs. 9 hours driving each way, and no traffic.

Thursday-UUV-3GV-UUV
Friday or Sat UUV-MKO-ADH
Sunday ADH-MKO-UUV
Should be 9 hours XC time and almost 1000nm total.

Anthony said:
Glad your flying James. Stay away from that Porsche please.

:)

Wilco.

James Dean

Last edited:
Thursday - driving to PWM(Portland) to pick up Her Majesty(former wife) who's flying in from Fort Laud.-de-Daud., FL.
Friday - to IWI(Wiscasset) to absorb any "advice" re further decor in hangar; perhaps, to fly, pending WX.
Saturday - Maine Eastern Railroad excursion from Brunswick to Rockland, and dinner at the new restaurant in the near century-old but re-incarnated train station which hasn't been a train station(until recently) since train service went out in 1961.
Sunday through Tuesday - There must be some places which need "going."
Wednesday - To PWM for Florida flight(hers).
Thereafter - to Recovery, from wounds whether mental or physical.

Happy Thanksgiving Day, to y'all.

HR

Lawreston said:
Thursday - driving to PWM(Portland) to pick up Her Majesty(former wife)

I haven't seen nor spoken to my fomer "Her Majesty" in ten years. We ended amicably but I don't see the need to keep in touch and neither does she. I did hear from a mutual friend that her new husband was able to finish getting his PPL as he was almost done when they met, but since they met he's had to sell his share in the flying club and no longer flies.

All I can say is "Ha - Ha". (using that guys voice from the Simpson's)

Anthony said:
I did hear from a mutual friend that her new husband was able to finish getting his PPL as he was almost done when they met, but since they met he's had to sell his share in the flying club and no longer flies.

I wasn't yet flying when Sherry and I met, but I did have a garage full of motorcycles, and I told her right off, "This is a package deal, those come with me."

Still ride bikes, and I'm flying too. Now if I can just get her over her fears and hav eher fly with me more often.

All I can say is "Ha - Ha". (using that guys voice from the Simpson's)

Ha ha indeed!

Quick Flight from MSN to Clow to visit my Grandma for thanksgiving. Any suggestions for ground transport? I was thinking of getting a cab. Her home is only a few miles away in Naperville/Lisle area.

Pete

Houston tomorrow to see CJane's fam, then over the Fredericksburg (T82) to visit Water Acres; Austin on Friday (fly? drive? Not yet decided...) for Texas vs. A&M football, then back to Fred'burg. Back home on Sunday.

All Bo's taken, even the C177R is booked, so I am flying low and slow, "Cherokee Style." Nice plane, even so...

flyingcheesehead said:
I'll be lucky if I have enough time to go around the pattern once. :(

Well, I flew after all.

As is tradition at my parents' house, we always have some foreign or away-from-home people here. It started out with somewhat random foreign university students (through the Madison Friends of International Students), and then turned into my dad's grad students, both foreigners and those from such foreign lands as North Carolina that couldn't make it home for thanksgiving.

This year, the guests were the Khatib family. They are "Arab Israelis" (figure that one out! :dunno:) and the father is a professor from my dad's department. I offered them airplane rides, and did get the two boys (about 6 and 13) to go up for a city tour. :)

I also overflew everyone else as they were taking a walk in the golf course next door. I never did see them, but they saw me.

vontresc said:
Quick Flight from MSN to Clow to visit my Grandma for thanksgiving. Any suggestions for ground transport? I was thinking of getting a cab. Her home is only a few miles away in Naperville/Lisle area.

Pete
Darn, I saw this too late to assist! Of course, I was 30 miles away Thanksgiving evening. I hope you at least claimed the airport for the Challenge, since I can't!

Today, Black Friday, we are flying LEX - HSP (The Homestead to attend a rehearsal dinner tonight and wedding tomorrow). We do the return flight on Sunday. I thought I would get out of any type of shopping today, but this morning my wife announces she doesn't like the shoes she bought for her outfit, so we have to go to the shoe store on the way to the airport. Sigh. Oh well I get to fly and go to a nice place.

Thanks for the offer. I just grabbed a cab to my Garandma's place. Unfortunately Scott M. beat me to Clow by one day :(. Anyway I had an awesome flight down the lakeshore and even got flight following all the way. I guess you just need to ask nicely :D.

Here are sope pics....Enjoy

IMG_0087.JPGIMG_0088.JPGIMG_0096.JPGIMG_0106.JPGIMG_0104.JPGIMG_0102.JPG

Pete

flyingcheesehead said:
Well, I flew after all.

As is tradition at my parents' house, we always have some foreign or away-from-home people here. It started out with somewhat random foreign university students (through the Madison Friends of International Students), and then turned into my dad's grad students, both foreigners and those from such foreign lands as North Carolina that couldn't make it home for thanksgiving.

This year, the guests were the Khatib family. They are "Arab Israelis" (figure that one out! :dunno:) and the father is a professor from my dad's department. I offered them airplane rides, and did get the two boys (about 6 and 13) to go up for a city tour. :)

I also overflew everyone else as they were taking a walk in the golf course next door. I never did see them, but they saw me.
Alon will point out where I'm wrong, bu I understand there are so many Arab Israelis, having more babies, that the Jewish Israelis may be the minority someday. They are Israeli citizens and are mainstream as much as any other. Some are doctors in the hospitals.

Well, back home a day early. Checked weather this a.m., did not like the way it looked for tomorrow with my rusty IFR skills, so we went ahead and came home tonight. Big tailwind (141 knots in a PA28-180).

Naturally, weather now shows that tomorrow afternoon should be no big deal. But if I'd stayed... well, you know.

Bill Jennings said:
I'll bet it's killing you to have to now take the slow boat all of the time :(

Bill, I just remind myself that the frame of reference is a car on a highway, and it's OK. Besides, there are still two other Bos in the club, and the Cardinal RG ("Smoky"), and this Cherokee is an absolutely sweet ride, completely stable once trimmed for cruise.

And the new third Bonanza (F33 with tip-tanks) goes into the shop for its new GNS530 tomorrow (I'm flying behind in the F33 to pick up the owner, followed by a club annual checkride).

While flying last night, heard a guy in a 172 ask for a GS reading from ATC- 80 knots. Ouch. My gain, his pain.

I came back yesterday as well, so I've got a day for goofing off at home or the airport. We even had time to stop at my parent's hometown (where they are buried) to install some decorations on the gravesite and admire the headstone. The pictures on the marker are of my Dad's B29 over the Himmalayas, and my Mom's Porterfield (photoshopped).

And for some reason the XM weather updates quit during the second leg. I'm going out to the airport soon to see if it's quit for good.

Attachments

• Monument final.jpg
    Monument final.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 22
Dave Siciliano said:
What a wonderful tribute to your folks Lance. You make me feel guilty.

Best,

Dave

Don't feel too guilty, it was my sister and wife's idea. I think it's pretty cool though. Can you imagine someone viewing it a hundred years or more from now?:)

Back