Are you taking a Thanksgiving trip?

Pretty cool, Lance. What a great way to remember your parents.

Debbie and I drove :)no: ) to Gatlinburg for a family reunion. Couldn't fly since we delivered everyones Christmas presents.
Great time had by all but VERY crowded on the surface roads.

3 Thanksgiving's in as many days. Cooked for all of them, including a solo act for 16 on Saturday. Screwed up the gravy one day, the cranberry sauce another, and the doughnuts on Turkey-day proper. 0-3 this weekend, sigh.

800 miles on the car, but the family is great, times are good, and I have a lot to be thankful for. So why complain?

Frank, I like your plans. What did you pick up?

Cheers,

-Andrew

Andrew:

What's going on with the Dallas stuff. Anything still pending, or have things settled in another direction?

Best,

Dave

astanley said:
Frank, I like your plans. What did you pick up?

Cheers,

-Andrew

Since we were having pretty cool temps over the hollowdays, I went with a bottle of Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps. mmmm....warms the cockles of my heart. :cheerswine:

mikea said:
Alon will point out where I'm wrong, bu I understand there are so many Arab Israelis, having more babies, that the Jewish Israelis may be the minority someday. They are Israeli citizens and are mainstream as much as any other. Some are doctors in the hospitals.

I guess when I think of Arab folks living there, I think "Palestinian" but this family does not identify themselves as such at all. In fact, when they lived over there, they had their kids in a school together with Jewish kids that was started by some parents of both who wanted to start a process towards peace. On holidays for one group or the other, half would go to recess, the other half would do a quickie 15-minute observance, and then all was back to normal.

I can only hope that sort of thing goes on a lot more than we hear about... :dunno:

vontresc said:
Thanks for the offer. I just grabbed a cab to my Garandma's place. Unfortunately Scott M. beat me to Clow by one day :(. Anyway I had an awesome flight down the lakeshore and even got flight following all the way. I guess you just need to ask nicely :D.

Here are sope pics....Enjoy

View attachment 6419View attachment 6420View attachment 6421View attachment 6422View attachment 6423View attachment 6424

Hey, that panel looks familiar! :yes: :D

G430terrain.jpg

Also, it looks like you were talking on 118.4 which is MDW and not C90, right? That's cheating. ;)

Dave Siciliano said:
Andrew:

What's going on with the Dallas stuff. Anything still pending, or have things settled in another direction?

Best,

Dave

Things went from strong to dead with one press release a few weeks ago (CVS/Caremark merger). So, I'm very much up in the air right now. Still have a job, but now looking outside the firm.

Thanks for asking... guess I won't have access to that nice housing market you guys have!

Cheers,

-Andrew

I'm sorry to hear that; thought you might be coming thisa way. Hope you get something else worked out. Let us know.

Best,

Dave

That nasty low that formed off the GA/FL border early Thanksgiving week (snow and ice pellets in Savannah according to the briefer!) moved out just in time for me to make it to Jacksonville on Turkey day. Weather was just gorgeous. Flying a sub-2 hour trip in a short-sleeve shirt in late November and life just doesn't get any better!

Did I mention I love owning a Commander? :yes:

Only downside is that my altitude encoder seems to be on its way out. On the return flight, my GPS grumbled "Altitude out of range" every minute, but ATC never complained. Altitude readout on the 76C transponder was solid, except for some weird flickering on climbout.

Sorry I missed the HXD fly-in. Hope it was fun. I was taking the bro-in-law for a flight. He's been dying to get in the plane!

Frank & Ken, I'll have to look you guys up on one of my upcoming trips...

-Rich

P.S. Pete I think someone installed your radios sideways. Low bid installer?:D

rpadula said:
Frank & Ken, I'll have to look you guys up on one of my upcoming trips...
Next time you make it down this way, lunch (or dinner) will be on me! Glad the weather cooperated for your flight. :)

Last edited:
Back