April 14, Denver, CO -- Take An Aggie To Dinner Night

LOL!

Should we tell him Inverness' golf course is the appropriate distance away from the runway for a typical light aircraft downwind leg for 17R/35L? ;)

Or that the airport fence runs along the east-west road on Mari's map? ;)

I was asked for an early crosswind turnout and was aimed right at it. :)

The rotating beacon won't be on though unless it's IMC. Sun stays up later this time of year. ;)

Well I'd like to help you out here and in a perfect world the answer would be easy but seeing how we live in todays world tomorrow and yesterdays world after that I just have to say that things remain less than certain and I'd like to be certain about that. In fact I am quite certain that the outcome will be uncertain unless it is known beforehand. With all that said, if things work out the way I don't want them to be then I'll be a Perfect Landing at the appointed hour unless of course I'm not there.

Perfect Engineer answer.... :D

I have:

Confirmed:
AggieMike (maybe + 1)
DenverPilot + 1
Midlifeflyer
Murphey
GKainz

Maybe:
Clark1961
Everskyward

Did I miss anyone? Last call.

Reservation is big enough to cover all at this point. Will call PL to adjust if needed.

I'm pretty sure now that I'll be able to make it.

Still am trying to figure out why you guys put the big airport in Kansas.

I'm here. Nice room on the club floor. Only downside is some guy across the golf course keeps flashing this white and green light inmy window.

Being brain dead has it's disadvantages. I started getting confused about which day it was since the thread is entitled "April 14."

Just to make sure we're all on the same page (or at least that I am), it's tonight, April 13, right?

nope, tonight, April 14th ... :D (my smart-a$$ digital watch didn't handle leap year this year, so for the last 6 weeks I have had to subtract 1 to get the correct date) ...

so, just to make sure I don't lead anyone astray ... I'm planning on being there tonight ... after I drive from just south of KAPA to just south of KBJC and then drive back to KAPA ... my lovely wife wanted to join us - ok, more correctly, I convinced her to join us so I don't lose credit for "Friday date night" :D

Last edited:
So is it tonight? At 6:45 pm? Is there still room? Do you mind if a new guy comes?

I had held out just because I had wasn't sure if I'd have a check ride today and wasn't sure if my mood would be positive or negative. But I'd join for dinner. I'm at the Ramada so I think I can find it :D

New guy - join away! speaking for Nate as I think he said reservations had enough slack in them...

Yep, we're good. I can still call and bump it if we get any more folks. I'll probably be there a little early. (Beer!) Reservation is under "Nate" by the way. (I should have said Pilots of America, but I wasn't thinking about that the other day when I did it.)

So is it tonight? At 6:45 pm? Is there still room? Do you mind if a new guy comes?

I had held out just because I had wasn't sure if I'd have a check ride today and wasn't sure if my mood would be positive or negative. But I'd join for dinner. I'm at the Ramada so I think I can find it :D

We can always append another table!

BTW - who's name is on the reservation? Mike or Nate?

Everyone's here but Clark!

d02e5342-cdf3-7c49.jpg

Thanks for having me guys. It was a good dinner. As a plane nerd, I could have sat around those conversations all weekend. Nice to meet all of you!

Last edited:
Thanks for the hospitality everyone!! It was nice to put some faces and voices to the electrons on the screen.

Nice night, good food, great conversation. Enjoyed it!

Thanks for having me guys. It was a good dinner. As a plane nerd, I could have sat around those conversations all weekend. Nice to meet all of you!
Great meeting you and seeing everyone else again!

Had a great time all!

A secret plan was hatched at our end of the table to try to get the Colorado PoA contingent to invade occupied Texas at Addison sometime, en masse.

Or at least stop in for a visit. ;)

From left to right around the table...

Anonymous (ha)
Everskyward
Midlifeflyer
AggieMike
Mrs Greg (ha.. Sorry we never got introduced and I missed her first name)
GregKainzzzzz ;) (he already said it was him)
Nick (new to PoA and I've spaced his nickname but nice to meet him and we really should go flying!)
Mrs DenverPilot (Karen)

That better? Sheesh! :)

Back