AOPA Forum, is it gone?

I heard the AOPA weather site is also down over there, so it may be a server issue, not the Board. But if so, will they even bother putting it back up?

AOPA claimed they were shutting it off October 14. That board has always been buggy, and has frequently been down for a day or two.

AOPA claimed they were shutting it off October 14. That board has always been buggy, and has frequently been down for a day or two.

Well this is seriously going to put a dent in my efforts to get to 1000 posts there.

Celebrate responsibly.

:p
I did something a little irresponsible. Maybe not irresponsible but pointing out a great (old) thread that I think is historic (OK, maybe notorious) in the annals of aviation forums.

What will become of the people who left us for the red board, will they be back?

What will become of the people who left us for the red board, will they be back?
People left here for the Red?

I have to say, being back there recently has been a nice experience. As has here. I don't come around here often. But I think I will try to more often

Y'know, I could swear I saw Ron Levy the other day. Is he still working for PIC?

There was a guy at Fort Wayne that looked like him, wearing a PIC shirt, but he was with a student (just got out of a nice blue Cirrus) and we were about to leave. I haven't seen Ron in person for about a dozen years so I wasn't sure and didn't want to interrupt.

Y'know, I could swear I saw Ron Levy the other day. Is he still working for PIC?

There was a guy at Fort Wayne that looked like him, wearing a PIC shirt, but he was with a student (just got out of a nice blue Cirrus) and we were about to leave. I haven't seen Ron in person for about a dozen years so I wasn't sure and didn't want to interrupt.

I heard that he wasn't, but not sure where I heard it from. Wanna say Mike F mentioned it on here, but not sure.

What's amazing is how different the tone is in the AOPA Hangar. It is a bit weird to navigate and it doesn't seem as though the subject areas are adhered to exactly at this point, but a lot more upbeat and welcoming than the Angry Old Pilots Arguing board.

What's amazing is how different the tone is in the AOPA Hangar. It is a bit weird to navigate and it doesn't seem as though the subject areas are adhered to exactly at this point, but a lot more upbeat and welcoming than the Angry Old Pilots Arguing board.
As opposed to the Pilots Ongoing Arguments site?

I really wish the medical forum would be available for another few years, even read only.

I really wish the medical forum would be available for another few years, even read only.
Last I heard, they hadn't said how long the board would be available read-only. I think they just said "for a time".

CLOSED....until further notice. :D

Lots of butt-hurt in the last few days. Even some ghosts from the past like Nomex popped back up. The very people who created some of the acrimony in years past came back to complain about it being an acrimonious place :rolleyes:.

They said they'd leave it up Read Only, of course, the plug pullers might not know enough about vBulletin to do that right.

Actually, it is up now, Read only.

They said they'd leave it up Read Only, of course, the plug pullers might not know enough about vBulletin to do that right.

Actually, it is up now, Read only.

You just have to take a whole lot of pictures with your cell phone camera and post those. :)

Back