Anything new in headsets?

I use a DC H10-40 headset modified with a Headsets inc kit - which is an analog based ANR system. Has anyone compared analog vs digital based ANR headsets? I would think the analog scheme would be better matched to the objectionable random noise in our aircraft. The analog one certainly does well for propeller sourced cyclic noise < say 200 Hz.

Has anyone compared analog vs digital based ANR headsets? I would think the analog scheme would be better matched to the objectionable random noise in our aircraft.
That may have been true at one time. Today, not so much.

How often do the tips need to be replaced on the in ear jobs and how expensive are they? I buy Howard Leight Max ear plugs by the 500pr box for motorcycle riding, they work really well for attenuating helmet/wind noise.

They’re also the shiznit if you’re stuck in a loud hotel, etc.

How often do the tips need to be replaced on the in ear jobs and how expensive are they?
Not very often. I fly around 75 block hours per month and go several months on a pair. They can be washed with soap and water. The CA foam tips clean up well with the sani-com wet-wipes that the airline provides. The Halo tips are exactly like the yellow foam ear plugs and I washed them at a sink with just hand soap and warm water.

The Halo tips are $1.50 per pair. The CA tips cost more, about $4.00 per pair (they come in a set of 6-pair).

Both the Halo and CA come with a trial period during which you can return the headset if you don't like it.

How often do the tips need to be replaced on the in ear jobs and how expensive are they?

I went to an audiologist and had custom ear pieces made for my Clarity Aloft headset, they wash easily and don’t have to be replaced. I think I paid 75 for the molds and both ear pieces.Been flying with the CA’s for over 7 years and will never go back to over the ear style.

Back