Anyone else following the young pilot in the FB groups? PPL to 777 in 3 months?

Troll or no troll, doesn't matter to me. I don't have a dog in this fight. (and I am not on Fecesbook anyway)
Anything is possible if somebody gives him enough money.
However I wonder how well he will progress in all the other ratings if his PPL took him 4 months.
So is it a 777 captain yet?

I had a student that was not interested in flying single engine trainers. He wanted to go straight into jets. He never mentioned a specific plane. He could identify most civilian passenger types, but just did not want to be in a trainer. He finally left me to find an instructor to teach him to "fly them jets", as he would put it.
Was he strangely uninterested in learning how to land?

No medical

Attachments

• 4AD7500D-E3BF-4A42-87D6-098D9FC15BED.png
    4AD7500D-E3BF-4A42-87D6-098D9FC15BED.png
    288.1 KB · Views: 66
I wondered that about some of the guys with popular aviation channels on youtube. They always seem to be flying in exotic locations and in many different (expensive) airplanes, but never mention what they do for a living. Surely, youtube revenue can't be that much?

With most Type ratings you do the checkride in the sim. The first time I actually flew the CRJ I had 50 people sitting behind me (and a company check airman beside me!) But I was Typed in it all in the sim.
I was in a Delta 767 flying for company business for AA and in uniform. The landing was horrible and when I said so to the captain his reply was “it was the copilot! First time ever actually flying a real 767.” Full load of pax.

Ta
Frankly buying any airplane brand new never makes business sense, initial depreciation is insane. You can usually get close to the same aircraft for half the price used...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tax deductions. Depreciation is a good thing tax wise.

Surely, youtube revenue can't be that much?
Averages out to about $1 per subscriber. I have several friends running YT channels that are easily making over a $100k a year. It's a lot of work though. Watch Steveo Kinevo's channel. That 20 minute video he posts requires about 8 hrs. of editing. He's probably making enough now that he hires it out and all he does is shoot the vids. Plus he's picked up some good sponsors, so that adds to the kitty as well.

I was in a Delta 767 flying for company business for AA and in uniform. The landing was horrible and when I said so to the captain his reply was “it was the copilot! First time ever actually flying a real 767.” Full load of pax.

You went out of the way to tell the pilot his landing was horrible?

FWIW, the first time I ever landed an A320, 757, 767, or 777 for the first time I had a full load of 130-360 passengers on each occasion. NBD.

I wasn't following him then and I aint's following him now.

I wondered that about some of the guys with popular aviation channels on youtube. They always seem to be flying in exotic locations and in many different (expensive) airplanes, but never mention what they do for a living. Surely, youtube revenue can't be that much?

I believe Steve Thorne ("Flight Chops") works in the digital video editing and production world outside of his YouTube "hobby".

Back