Anyone a FAASTeam Representative?

Skid

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Skid
Let me start out by saying I passed my instrument checkride this past weekend! Woo!

During the oral portion the examiner noted how impressed she was by my preparation and flight planning materials and the way I explained it. She said I should become a FAASTeam representative and would sponsor (at least I think she said "sponsor", not sure if that's correct ). I've just started doing research into what it is and if it's worth the commitment. I have a fairly full plate working full time, training, and trying to keep my sanity so wanted to see if anyone out there could give some insight as to what exactly a rep would do.

Thanks!

the faast team is one of the biggest boondoggles in the FAA. Is the concept great? Yes, of course...could it be done by volunteers? Yes. Is it done by volunteers? Yes. Does the FAA (us) pay faast team program managers in each fsdo across the country 150k a year? Yes.

Does the FAA (us) pay faast team program managers in each fsdo across the country 150k a year? Yes.

Nope. Hell, a GS15 is directorate level and not even $150k. A PM is prob a 12 or 13 around 80k RUS, obviously more with locality.

Yep, FAASTeam Rep here. I teach about 2 classes a year. Monthly safety meetings. Others are much more active than I.

I signed up to be one once, (I got the card, so I guess I was one). I went to the class and the “Training” consisted of how to go online line and set up an event and that’s it. I was so disappointed I never went back. That was 15 years ago, I hope it’s better now.

Nope. Hell, a GS15 is directorate level and not even $150k. A PM is prob a 12 or 13 around 80k RUS, obviously more with locality.

A lot of places the FAAST PM is the only guaranteed 14 in the office.

A lot of places the FAAST PM is the only guaranteed 14 in the office.

That’s ridiculous......What’s the classification code? I need a job.

Last edited:
Back