Anybody fly solo in an ATD today?

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
...now that the new 61.51 rule is in effect?

Not not sure what an ATD is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Actually did a few days ago, didn’t log it though.

Aviation Training Device

Extremely difficult to spell it out. I suppose posting the link actually took more time.

Beer time...anyone want one while I'm up?

Heck, you can drink a beer while you fly an airplane solo in actual and log it. Perhaps not the wisest thing to do, but I've never seen anything saying you can't log an FAR violation.

;)
True enough. I've seen plenty of logbooks where the violations were pretty clearly logged.

Let me rephrase my question...can you legally drink and fly an ATD?

So if I hop in a sim while on the clock and log an approach, do I need my commercial since I'm getting paid?

Heck, you can drink a beer while you fly an airplane solo in actual and log it. Perhaps not the wisest thing to do, but I've never seen anything saying you can't log an FAR violation.

;)
So if you wreck 6 airplanes in actual while drunk then you are IFR current as long as you logged everything? ;)

True enough. I've seen plenty of logbooks where the violations were pretty clearly logged.

Let me rephrase my question...can you legally drink and fly an ATD?
Something sitting in the ground that can't move? What would be the violation?

Rephrasing your question again into a logging for currency one (and treating it somewhat seriously), I haven't a clue what the FAA would say if asked (don't!).

I think your question is somewhat akin to, "if I fly my 6 in 6 really badly, can I count them anyway?" Can you find a rule saying you can't?

midlifeflyer said:
I think your question is somewhat akin to, "if I fly my 6 in 6 really badly, can I count them anyway?" Can you find a rule saying you can't?
We'll, I KNOW the answer to that one...been doing it for years!

Last edited:
Back