Any Life Insurance Policies...

I have 2M for about $1500 a year.

I fly and did the full disclosure. I had my instrument ticket and 300 hours when I got the policy. No restrictions or limitations on the policy other than the participating in a war or other standard wording.

I even called my agent and asked where the words 'OK with flying' were. He said it is not restricted, therefore, my wife gets a big check if end up below the dirt without a pulse.

Most all of them have an issue with me being a CFI and giving instruction - and that's what more than tripled the rate.

Most all of them have an issue with me being a CFI and giving instruction - and that's what more than tripled the rate.

They asked me if I was "flying commercially" back in the day. No wording in the policy about having to tell them if that changes and well past their two-year thing now. They also wanted to know annual flight time back then.

Not that it's any fun, but you could just quit instructing for a couple of years worst-case, Ed, if you really really need the insurance for some reason.

The number of days in a year that we're apart for more than 4 hours I can count on 1 hand...
Her hobbies are my hobbies...
the thought of being apart for more than a couple of hours at a time was unbearable...
We have no other friends...
This is partnership.

Yikes. :confused: That's wonderful that it works for you guys and that you find happiness living that way, but that kind of "partnership" sounds suffocating and would definitely not work in my marriage. I love having my alone time, my own hobbies and friends outside of the house.

Last edited:
I have 2M for about $1500 a year.

I fly and did the full disclosure. I had my instrument ticket and 300 hours when I got the policy. No restrictions or limitations on the policy other than the participating in a war or other standard wording.

I even called my agent and asked where the words 'OK with flying' were. He said it is not restricted, therefore, my wife gets a big check if end up below the dirt without a pulse.
What company?

I know with PIC I was quoted $259/yr for a 10 yr term, 1 million coverage.

After you have the policy running for 2 years you can do any of the high risk things mentioned above and you're covered.

I think the real question everyone's missing is: when is Ed planning to fake his death? Or does he just want to make sure Kaiser the dog is well taken care of after he dies?

I think the real question everyone's missing is: when is Ed planning to fake his death? Or does he just want to make sure Kaiser the dog is well taken care of after he dies?

He's just making sure there's at least ten dudes hired to sell off his tools when he croaks.

More likely he's starting a business and the partners are cross-insuring to cover shutdown of the business in an orderly fashion if someone croaks, and he just became "the expensive one to cover". Just a guess.

Reactions: Ted
He's just making sure there's at least ten dudes hired to sell off his tools when he croaks.

More likely he's starting a business and the partners are cross-insuring to cover shutdown of the business in an orderly fashion if someone croaks, and he just became "the expensive one to cover". Just a guess.

Damn it, he must have stolen my idea for the "Midwestern Girl Dating Service", finding high quality midwestern girls for guys who are unable to find dates themselves.

"if you take scuba ,flying smoking .drugs .or hookers with stds ."

I like that the only problem you had was with smoking. All the other in that list were non life threatening. :rolleyes:
LOL. That was the joke I was trying to make. :D

Many years ago I got a quote through PICLife. Since my cholesterol ratio was bad I was lumped in the flight instructor risk category. It wasn't THAT much of a difference.
Amusingly I let my term life lapse this year (probably should have done so earlier). Now that my youngest is 31 and the house is paid for, there just isn't much need for it.

Back