Another reason not to buy an iPhone

My friend: call me an ambulance.

Siri: OK. From now on I will call you "an ambulance".

True story...
Ok, I thought I'd try that. This is the very real conversation I just had with my "Siri":

Me: Call me a taxi
Siri: I found 13 cabs ... 12 of them are fairly close to you
Me: Call me an ambulance
Siri: From now on, I'll call you "an ambulance", OK?
Me: Cancel
Me: Call me douchebag
Siri: From now on, I'll call you "douche bag", OK?
Me: Yes
Siri: 'douche bag' ... that has a nice ring to it
Me: What's my name?
Siri: "you're asking me, douche bag?"
Me: Good night!
Siri: Good night to you, too, Douche Bag.​

-harry

I think I can live happily without Siri.

Was the conversation between Siri and Eliza posted here, or did I see it somewhere else? Funny stuff.

Ok, I thought I'd try that. This is the very real conversation I just had with my "Siri":
Me: Call me a taxi
Siri: I found 13 cabs ... 12 of them are fairly close to you
Me: Call me an ambulance
Siri: From now on, I'll call you "an ambulance", OK?
Me: Cancel
Me: Call me douchebag
Siri: From now on, I'll call you "douche bag", OK?
Me: Yes
Siri: 'douche bag' ... that has a nice ring to it
Me: What's my name?
Siri: "you're asking me, douche bag?"
Me: Good night!
Siri: Good night to you, too, Douche Bag.​
-harry

That's part of the Siri feature and fun to play with. It would call me Chris.... which I didn't like. So now I have it call me Master. Much better sounding.

Im still being impressed by Siri and the dictation accuracy. For some things its definitely faster....but I still feel weird talking to my phone.

I wonder if I move or change jobs and my phone no longer works where I live or do business - how easily I could (or could not) get out of my AT&T contract and get some cool new phone with another carrier.

Do other carriers have the new iPhone / will they have the future ones? I know they all have android. I loved Blackberry for a long time (I have the torch) but now I'm ready to switch. Problem is I need a keyboard and mouse (like the Torch). Hate touch screens. When I logged in it said I could not have a "discounted upgrade" until January, whatever that means. I don't think it has been even close to two years so I'm not sure. I also have a lot of "grandfathered" stuff I'd lose by leaving, such as unlimited data and some "bonus" anytime minutes (200 per month) and of course the awesome rollover feature.

See now, if I responded in kind to your earlier comment on my post, you'd be offended.

But instead, I'll offer the following:

Android phones run the gamut of expensive to cheap. This study includes all of them. It would be logical to assume that a cheap piece of crap would break more easily.

Note that the original post was comparing top of the line with top of the line. That's a little different.

Gee, my Motorola Droid (almost 2 years old) works fine. Verizon just keeps getting money from me every month. And my wife and I don't even come close to using our combined minutes, either.

See now, if I responded in kind to your earlier comment on my post, you'd be offended.

But instead, I'll offer the following:

Android phones run the gamut of expensive to cheap. This study includes all of them. It would be logical to assume that a cheap piece of crap would break more easily.

Note that the original post was comparing top of the line with top of the line. That's a little different.

Offended? Nah. I think that both articles are crap.

I wonder if I move or change jobs and my phone no longer works where I live or do business - how easily I could (or could not) get out of my AT&T contract and get some cool new phone with another carrier.

They don't care.

Do other carriers have the new iPhone / will they have the future ones?

Yes. / No one knows. Ask Steve. Oops, he's dead. Ask that other guy.

I know they all have android. I loved Blackberry for a long time (I have the torch) but now I'm ready to switch. Problem is I need a keyboard and mouse (like the Torch). Hate touch screens.

Shrug...

When I logged in it said I could not have a "discounted upgrade" until January, whatever that means. I don't think it has been even close to two years so I'm not sure.

Time flies, huh?

I also have a lot of "grandfathered" stuff I'd lose by leaving, such as unlimited data and some "bonus" anytime minutes (200 per month) and of course the awesome rollover feature.

Unlimited data is a plus but if you ever decide you need to tether, you'll either jailbreak or loss the grandfathered data plan then. Often "bonus" minutes on an older plan match the price of newer plans. They all basically match each other's prices.

You can buy your way out of the contract.

Do other carriers have the new iPhone / will they have the future ones?
Sprint, Verizon and ATT all have the iPhone and I know of no talk to stop providing it and future models to any of them.

Back