Another new guy on the site....from Carlisle, PA (N94)

If you are not busy this weekend, try coming up to SUNBURY for the fly-in from 11-2 -- always a lot of fun! Looking forward to flying with you.

Any details on this? I have the club plane reserved and no particular agenda - Weather looks stunningly nice Saturday

That. Was. My. Childhood. In three quotes. That plus Utz potato chips from a big can, Pepsi and birch beer in cases of returnable bottles from the beer distributor....

EDIT - It was Herr's chips from the big can... not Utz. Dang. Good times.

Add in "A-Treat Spicy Ginger Ale" and we are there!!

I don't know, Carlisle may be to far east for a chipped ham sandwich.

Mike, Welcome to POA. I am a PA pilot myself based at LOM. A few words of advice:
1) Don't take any advice from POA
2) Don't listen to the Management Council, they have never known what they were talking about ;) so says a former MC
3) Contrary to what Gary Shelby says A-Treat was just ok. It was Frank's Ginger Ale that was the best! If its Franks, Thanks!
4) The "East Coast Private Pilots" Group on FB posts a lot of flyins or breakfast runs

Finally you haven't told us what day the Sunbury Flyin is.

Pizza at noon. All are welcome.

UPdate: Good to see Gary, Adam, Bob, Ken, and John for Pizza.

Last edited:
All I could find on it http://www.fly-ins.com/events/view-event.html?id=10714. So looks like Saturday 11-2.

I had no agenda for flying Sat so will drop in and see if it's real.

Met up with Mike @ 71N today - Awesome airport, the grass strip was smoother than some pavement I've landed on. Perhaps 20 airplanes and the lunch was a very nice selection of homemade soups. This was the last one of the year and they start again in April and will certainly be back.

Pic of the field I took on departure.

gkKG93H.jpg

and our Archer on deck

Kzze6a8.jpg

Last edited:
Pugs,

Fantastic to meet you after just having joined this group about a week ago!

As you mentioned, this is a magnificent turf-field fly-in the EAA chapter hosts every first week of the month from around May to Nov or so...

Lots of planes, good folks and great food there!

Thanks for coming and hope to link up with you again at another one!

Here is one of you - I have more, but the site is size-limited...can send if you provide a PM or something...sorry I did not give you my card!

Warm Regards, Mike

Attachments

• P1220715.JPG
    P1220715.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 19
  • P1220578.JPG
    P1220578.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 18
  • P1220741.JPG
    P1220741.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 18
Met up with Mike @ 71N today - Awesome airport, the grass strip was smoother than some pavement I've landed on. Perhaps 20 airplanes and the lunch was a very nice selection of homemade soups. This was the last one of the year and they start again in April and will certainly be back.

Pic of the field I took on departure.

gkKG93H.jpg

and our Archer on deck

Kzze6a8.jpg

Wow. That's a pretty looking little airport!

SUNBURY ISLAND FLY IN..

Here are some photos from a Google link - give it a minute! (Copy and paste in Google if interested in flying, planes and food photos...)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c9M5GFowgQyBLSbz7

Some nice foliage still up here in PA!

Great
TURF FIELD FLY IN, this is EVERY first Saturday of the month from May to Nov, 1100 - 1400 EST.

All welcome, as the field is 3000 x 300 (yes, I watched a B-17 land here, so you can do it)

Mike

Great pics! Thanks for posting them and it gives some folks from other places an idea of how nice the flying is around the area.

Thinking of heading up for the 3 July event assuming it's still happening. Anyone have an idea if it is?

Back