Another Malaysia 777 Down

Article in French magazine Paris Match (on internet) has a lot of images as well states that the missile hit around seat 5A and caused the aircraft to split in two right there - the nose section quickly fell whereas the rest fell a few kilometers further down range. The debris is spread across 15 km^2. There is map showing how these two main parts impacted the terrain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That'd be one of the worst ways to die I could think of- right up there with burning alive.

I completely disagree. If your time is up and you have to go, this is not a bad way to go. If you are anywhere near the actual explosion and consequent fuel explosion, you will be dead instantly and never perceive what hit you.

If you end up in the tail section and survive the blast, you get instantly hit with a wall of frigid air at about -52 degrees, smashing you in the face at about 500 mph and the serious lack of oxygen makes you gasp hard about once I would expect. You might be slightly aware that something bad just happened, but you would be unconscious in seconds. I doubt you would revive. There is no way you would be aware of falling 33,000 ft.

Even if you did come around, it would likely be in a dream like state until lights out. I would opt for this death over many, many other common deaths I can think of.

Looks like someone in good shape could have stayed awake for the full ride.

Attachments

• TimeOfUsefulConsciousness.jpg
    TimeOfUsefulConsciousness.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 29
Fear, pain, suffering, they are all constructs of the mind. The mind can, and does, turn them off in the presence of imminent death.

Looks like someone in good shape could have stayed awake for the full ride.

Dude. -50 degree 500 mph wind suddenly hitting you. You will stop thinking.

Fear, pain, suffering, they are all constructs of the mind. The mind can, and does, turn them off in the presence of imminent death.

This is also very true. People dying of the most horrific deaths are reported to die pretty peacefully. Sight, sound, touch, taste, smell are all just input devices and the CPU can turn them all off in the right circumstance.

Back