Another iPad mini rumor

they are still charging $530 for the largest 4G mini4, that price hasn't budged in years.

I wouldn't worry about it. The sole source of the rumor is the same source of numerous other iPad Mini rumors in the past two years. The first time, the rumors were taken seriously because the source had a very high rate of accurate predictions. At this point, it's just the boy crying wolf. I no longer trust any rumor about the iPad Mini that doesn't come directly from Steve Jobs.

I wouldn't worry about it. The sole source of the rumor is the same source of numerous other iPad Mini rumors in the past two years. The first time, the rumors were taken seriously because the source had a very high rate of accurate predictions. At this point, it's just the boy crying wolf. I no longer trust any rumor about the iPad Mini that doesn't come directly from Steve Jobs.

So, use an Ouija board for that?

Mini 4 is more than capable

I mean you shouldn’t need a 20ghz 15core CPU to run foreflight.

Last edited:
Never trust any tech company’s rumors until the product is shipping. Learned that ages ago with the first company I worked with after college. Especially the rumors that said it was fine and there was no issue with solvency.

A 128 gig 4G mini 4 or a 32 gig wifi only?

I've never seen a 4G priced that low, unless it required a cellular contract.

Wifi. Don't need 4g since I have an ADS-B GPS box thingy and my phone has a hotspot.

EFB apps don't need 128gig to run. I have 3 on mine with 32gb and it works fine.

My ipad is only for flying so I don't load a bunch of other crap on there.

So, what "direct" method do you use to speak with dead people???
giphy.gif

I paid $366 for a 128GB mini 4 with 4G earlier this year. E-bay - pre-owned. Great condition. I love it. I was using an original mini for several years before that, and decided it was time to upgrade.

Wifi. Don't need 4g since I have an ADS-B GPS box thingy and my phone has a hotspot.

EFB apps don't need 128gig to run. I have 3 on mine with 32gb and it works fine.

My ipad is only for flying so I don't load a bunch of other crap on there.

But apple only puts GPS chips in their pricey cellular models, but you can always not sign up for service. Or buy any Samsung tablet, even my $199 wifi Galaxy Tab A has GPS, and it works great in the car and plane. And there's a spot for a memory card, too, something else apple doesn't do.

I’ll be there the day it stocks! I’ve been waiting years to replace my 1st gen Mini. I haven’t used it in a year or so due stability issues.

But apple only puts GPS chips in their pricey cellular models, but you can always not sign up for service. Or buy any Samsung tablet, even my $199 wifi Galaxy Tab A has GPS, and it works great in the car and plane. And there's a spot for a memory card, too, something else apple doesn't do.

And you need to add that memory card to the Tab A in order to fully load all the files for Garmin Pilot. Fortunately, 64 GB SD cards are cheap. Now to see how easy it is to install the new battery for my 2 year old Tab A...

And you need to add that memory card to the Tab A in order to fully load all the files for Garmin Pilot. Fortunately, 64 GB SD cards are cheap. Now to see how easy it is to install the new battery for my 2 year old Tab A...

I bought 64GB cards at Sam's last year, two for $36. With apple, it's a $100 hardware upgrade when you buy the phone, then can't upgrade it.

Not a rumor any more. I heard they announced a mini 5 yesterday and will start taking orders today.

Back