Annual Gaston's Fly-In Gaston’s Sep. 29 - Oct. 1, 2023 (3M0 or KBPK)

Which weekend(s) work for you?

• 22 Sep - 24 Sep

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 29 Sep - 1 Oct

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • 6 Oct - 8 Oct

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a2aa58d97b7bbb76d719ae32ef09648d.jpg

Single file into trigger gap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey y’all! I did make it in yesterday but I think I was there before everyone got there. What a neat place!

I heard a bunch of y’all heading down while I was on my way back to STL.

Breakfast seating at 10:00am at the restaurant

Made it home. Sorry if I bothered anybody with that go around at the end. I thought I saw a turtle on the runway so I felt it was best not to land and just fly home to Texas.

That was a great fly in.
y'all be safe getting home.

I'm already planning a camping trip to 17A this fall. That was a really cool spot.

That place has @rwellner98 written all over it.

This runway is flat on the very top of a ridge. Finding it was a trick but also then realizing we had to climb up to get to pattern altitude in order to land was quite interesting.

20230930_124718.jpg20230930_124735.jpg

is that a pterodactyl? are there pterodactyls at 17a?

1696197491078.png

Fun times at Gaston’s! Thank you everyone.

Prior to leaving today when I did my pre-flight I noticed a flat tire o_O

Gosh what is it with me and tires. Went to the front desk and before I could get the wheel cap off (3 screws), the Gaston’s handyman appeared with a portable air compressor. Added some air and off we went.

Landed back in Chicago and tires still had air so not sure what happened, also not sure how much PSI I should have (and the difference between hot and cold temps and PSI’s).

Cleaned the airplane, vacuumed, took the seat out and going to play with it at home and see if I can make it more comfortable. Driving home now, going to get Chinese take out for dinner. :cool:

…Prior to leaving today when I did my pre-flight I noticed a flat tire o_O

Gosh what is it with me and tires. Went to the front desk and before I could get the wheel cap off (3 screws), the Gaston’s handyman appeared with a portable air compressor. Added some air and off we went.

Landed back in Chicago…

Oh man, that’s no fun! Glad they got it aired up. I woulda been reluctant to go all the way to Chi-town thinking about landing with a flat. Glad it held for the trip!

Oh man, that’s no fun! Glad they got it aired up. I woulda been reluctant to go all the way to Chi-town thinking about landing with a flat. Glad it held for the trip!
Yeah I was expecting the tire to be flat upon landing and not the first time it’s happened so I’d taxi off the runway and take it from there, hopefully able to make it to the hangar. I did skip the fuel pump as I was wondering if the tire would suddenly be flat again. But when I got to the hangar, tire was fine! So the pups and other M stayed at the hangar while I went to the fuel pump and back.

5f6fbefdb9a26dda387d168fd6a66579.jpg

[mention]kaiser [/mention] trying to keep me from getting to the go go juice first stopping after departing 17A!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just bumped into a pilot here from TX who didn't know there was a fly-in going on. He's in a 182. Turns out he recognized Just Plane Silly's plane and now he wants to stop by. I think he's one of your subscribers :).
Just came in for a couple days of fishing. Thank y'all for letting us hang out.
Just bumped into a pilot here from TX who didn't know there was a fly-in going on. He's in a 182. Turns out he recognized Just Plane Silly's plane and now he wants to stop by. I think he's one of your subscribers :).
Another angle. :)

Welcome to the Jungle!
It was great to meet you. Glad you are here.

Well well well, look who showed up at my home airport... I believe it's our turboprop blasting friend from Gastons!

Attachments

• PXL_20231007_171310047.jpg
    PXL_20231007_171310047.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
Back