Annual Gaston's Fly-In Gaston’s Sep. 29 - Oct. 1, 2023 (3M0 or KBPK)

Which weekend(s) work for you?

• 22 Sep - 24 Sep

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 29 Sep - 1 Oct

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • 6 Oct - 8 Oct

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Backup plane is reserved.
Hmm...I should do that too. God forbid I have to drive like a peasant.

r/KidsAreStupid

not jim's kids, u know, just kids in general.
True facts. My kids are pretty dumb sometimes too. Overall they're above average though. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

I'm booked as well. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with all these kids....

I'm sure there's a detasseling crew that would take them on, right?

Bring 'em. Other kids being present increases my chances of bringing my wife and kids, which increases my chances of being there at all.
Well, if you all bring yours, I’ll bring mine.

And @masloki is already stuck with me/us/them?

My airplane is now a maybe (still no prop). Which means the fam is a tentative, since I’ll have to rent something smaller/slower.

Hey look, a signup sheet (also on post #1):

Typically, we potluck it for the evenings, and wing it for breakfast & lunch. If you've got the payload, bring some stuff to share. If you don't, well, bring some good cheer!

Jill is asking what food we should bring. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jill is asking what food we should bring. Suggestions?

Let’s do grillables on Saturday- burgers, dogs, sides, charcoal, etc.

We can bring the meat.

I don’t remember if it was covered earlier, but does someone have one of those bigger cabin/rooms booked?

My airplane is now a maybe (still no prop). Which means the fam is a tentative, since I’ll have to rent something smaller/slower.

I hope they have a backup lighter bringerer.

I knew you’d make it one of these years!
We can bring the meat.

I don’t remember if it was covered earlier, but does someone have one of those bigger cabin/rooms booked?

Yep, @kaiser and I booked the big ‘un.

I did the thing where I was on the fence so by the time I tried to book a few weeks back the lady said "Sorry we're full. A bunch of low-life pilots have rented the whole place out"
If someone wants to rent out a couch, I will gladly pay for it. Otherwise, I will fly in early Saturday and just make it a day trip.

I am enjoying the chaotic flurry of non-ownership. Prop is back, it's not on the plane yet, but now we're facing currency questions, because it's been out so long. I think we need 90 day tail number currency IIRC. So the plane might now be set but I might not be able to fly (per club rules). Backup plane is the 170 I think.

I was on the fence so by the time I tried to book a few weeks
For any people still in the Ted famous thinking about camp, you can also call and ask to be waitlisted. They will call you if they get a cancellation.

I am enjoying the chaotic flurry of non-ownership. Prop is back, it's not on the plane yet, but now we're facing currency questions, because it's been out so long. I think we need 90 day tail number currency IIRC. So the plane might now be set but I might not be able to fly (per club rules). Backup plane is the 170 I think.
Did you book a space ?

A host is a host from coast to coast.
And nobody talks to a host that's close,
Unless the host that isn't close is busy, hung, or dead.

I might not be old, but I'm old enough to read this to the Mr Ed theme song haha

he must be busy then........

I did the thing where I was on the fence so by the time I tried to book a few weeks back the lady said "Sorry we're full. A bunch of low-life pilots have rented the whole place out"
If someone wants to rent out a couch, I will gladly pay for it. Otherwise, I will fly in early Saturday and just make it a day trip.
We have an extra bed if anyone needs somewhere to crash. …even BrYan…

I’m just going to waltz back in here after a year away like nothing happened, but would I be welcome to drop by on Friday afternoon? I hoping to get my commercial xc in that day and could make 3M0 one of my stops.

One week!
would I be welcome to drop by on Friday afternoon?
You bet. Everyone is welcome. People tend to trickle in on Friday so hard to know how many PoAers will be there. I’m going to get there in the morning if they will let me check in early.

Back