Annual Gaston's Fly-In Gaston’s Sep. 29 - Oct. 1, 2023 (3M0 or KBPK)

Which weekend(s) work for you?

• 22 Sep - 24 Sep

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 29 Sep - 1 Oct

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • 6 Oct - 8 Oct

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My wife and I took Friday off work. Planning an AM departure. Possible stop for lunch at Lamberts Sikeston, MO (KSIK) on the way to 3M0. If anyone else wants to stop there for lunch, let’s meet up!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We’re the Gaston’s advanced scouts. We’ll be there on Thursday so you’ll miss my blazing fast runway inspection. . Probably be fishing Friday morning, but off the river by lunch to watch arrivals!

We’re the Gaston’s advanced scouts. We’ll be there on Thursday so you’ll miss my blazing fast runway inspection. . Probably be fishing Friday morning, but off the river by lunch to watch arrivals!

Will it be possible to get out of Gaston's that afternoon with all of the arrivals? I've never landed there but the videos look like it is a one way in / one way out strip.

Will it be possible to get out of Gaston's that afternoon with all of the arrivals? I've never landed there but the videos look like it is a one way in / one way out strip.

It is one way in and out although we have seen a few depart the other way. Its just that there are some power lines at the other end you need to be aware of.
At its busiest, it is not even near as busy as your local air field. You may have 2 or 3 planes putting around the region at a given time. But it is far calmer than you are imagining.

one way in, no way out.
You can check in anytime you like but you can never leave…
I think there are 8 total arrivals not including you Friday in a multi-hour span. I’ll have a radio you can listen to before starting up if you want to verify no one is calling inbound.

You can check in anytime you like but you can never leave…

I think there are 8 total arrivals not including you Friday in a multi-hour span. I’ll have a radio you can listen to before starting up if you want to verify no one is calling inbound.

Hahaha!

That would be super helpful. I'm planning on doing my long xc for my commercial Friday (2nd attempt) and thought it would be fun to make Gaston's a stop since some of you all will be there. I just only have the airplane for one day.

Do we have a food plan? The spreadsheet looks a little spotty.

I’m bringing burgers and hotdogs. I think Saturday was the plan for that. I believe someone else was bringing buns?

What about charcoal? Where’s the grills? I don’t remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura and I will make French Toast, Bacon, and sausage for breakfast Saturday morning. Bringing fresh strawberries and blueberries as well.

I volunteered Jim to use some of his payload on charcoal. I gots a lighter.
Friday I’ve got 4 Chicago pizzas, two of which are deep dish. Desserts. Beer.
Saturday I’ve got dogs, sausages, couple two tree poke chops, buns. Any leftover beer.

I vaguely recall one of those grills on a pole at the cabin. Or a bigger one down by the river.
giphy.gif

Oh yeah. I’ve been here all week and the weather has been great. Not too hot or humid, good sun and cool mornings.

I'll hit every important part of the food pyramid and bring some brats, buns and beer. I plan to supplement those supplies with a couple visits to the restaurant.

Anyone bringing games? I recall the card game from last year was a lot of fun :D

About the only big hole in the bringing list are snacks: chips, dips, veggies, etc.

Just sign me up for anything. I’ll check the list on Friday and bring it.

My plans for this weekend got rescheduled so we are available to join (fly-in), it would be 2 of us and 2 dogs, what are the options / layout (first time to Gaston’s) ? We are ok with tenting or sharing a space but we do have the 2 dogs (who also attended 6Y9’s fly-in).

My plans for this weekend got rescheduled so we are available to join (fly-in), it would be 2 of us and 2 dogs, what are the options / layout (first time to Gaston’s) ? We are ok with tenting or sharing a space but we do have the 2 dogs (who also attended 6Y9’s fly-in).
Gaston’s is pet friendly- no issues there. I assume they are still sold out so if someone has space, I can vouch M and M are cool people with cool dogs. Or we’ve got couches in the party cabin. They might be a touch warm each night.

Gaston’s doesn’t allow tent camping unfortunately

I bought 14 hamburger patties. I forgot hotdogs. Did I see someone else was bringing some?

I bought 14 hamburger patties. I forgot hotdogs. Did I see someone else was bringing some?

I got bobaks dogs and sausages and buns.

I called Gaston’s and they have bedrooms available so I was able to book that. The campground also has 2 RV sites available. Let me know if you’d like me to bring anything. See you tomorrow.

I'm in Branson. Flew here to get some night hours yesterday. I have a couple of meetings this morning and then I'll head over to Gaston's.

I didn't bring anything in the way of consumables. But if we have ground transportation, I am happy to finance a grocery trip.

Things have cleared up in Indy! Was 500 ovc 3 mi vis when i got up this morning

Back