Android Aviation Apps?

No... That's weird. I can take pictures, the GPS works awesome, and the SD card and internet work fine.

Ryan

I found the issue, and will be releasing a fix for it shortly along with another minor issue I've found for other devices. Turns out your phone, while it has an amazing camera, uses something other than the built in autofocus to handle picture taking. The app relied on autofocus, so assumed your device didn't have it.

Lame oversight....I'll get it fixed.

Unfortunately, no. But, if I ever get the money to spend on an Apple development environment, maybe someday.

Android costs $25 to develop for. I could swallow that without checking with the wife :)
I might be able to do something...

I found the issue, and will be releasing a fix for it shortly along with another minor issue I've found for other devices. Turns out your phone, while it has an amazing camera, uses something other than the built in autofocus to handle picture taking. The app relied on autofocus, so assumed your device didn't have it.

Lame oversight....I'll get it fixed.
Cool. Maybe that is the reason for probably the only thing I hate about my camera. None of the barcode scanner apps really work with my camera.

Ryan

Cool. Maybe that is the reason for probably the only thing I hate about my camera. None of the barcode scanner apps really work with my camera.

Ryan

Should work for you now....lemme know if it still won't install.

http://www.fltplan.com/AwRegUserCk.exe?a=1

Has pretty much everything you may need. Registration on web is free - then download the mobile app(left side) - also free. Also have http://www.airnav.com/ bookmarked.

Just got a droid incredible and these work great.

fltplan app looks pretty good. got it in the google market. i downloaded some AF/d's but i can't download the airport diagrams. anyone else having problems with this? it downloads like 300 then stops. also the app plates arnt working but it looks like a pay deal that isn't up yet.

anyone else have anything with downloadable airport diagrams? Like with actual taxi way designations?

also what is "claiming" an airport?

http://www.fltplan.com/AwRegUserCk.exe?a=1

Has pretty much everything you may need. Registration on web is free - then download the mobile app(left side) - also free. Also have http://www.airnav.com/ bookmarked.

Just got a droid incredible and these work great.

my last post didn't go threw.
I downloaded the app for this. looks good. got a couple of AFD's. tried to download the airport diagrams and got an error at around #330 of 1700. anyone else using this? i mainly just want the diagrams for taxi ways and such. the downloadable approaches look cool as well but looks like a feature that has not yet been touched or requires money. i would give money if the diagrams downloaded ok. i have the spring evo 4g.

The Aviation Fuel Burn Calculator is great! Very useful for cross countries, especially if you're renting.
Here's a link to it on the android market.
Really? You're going to come on here and just spam your application? Why does your simple fuel burn calculator require full network access? No thanks.

It's much more appreciated if you participate in the community and if you don't pretend like it's not your application to begin with.

Really? You're going to come on here and just spam your application? Why does your simple fuel burn calculator require full network access? No thanks.

It's much more appreciated if you participate in the community and if you don't pretend like it's not your application to begin with.

It needs full network access so it can download/display annoying ads...get with it, man!:D

Is there a good reason for these apps to have this requirement:

READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.

??:confused:

Sorry I was not trying to spam... Yes, I am the developer and I have just updated the app and removed all permissions (no longer needs internet access). It does not have any ads, I am just trying to make an app that pilots might find useful. I am planning on updating it and adding more features in the future. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Ah, much nicer post, thanks! So, stick around? Tell us a bit more about yourself?
Welcome to POA!

Your must-have Android wallpaper:

W8j6glltMd1Uo1ZQYrS8ZAOgE3xBJcNCNbTI5g0TQ5P544OFwFoAxiaRxk17J6hVCcM=w705

Blue Skies. I just keep flying above the clouds and never worry about running out of fuel or where I'm going OR getting down without an IR.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...GwsMSwxLDEsImZpc2hub29kbGUuY2xvdWRzX2ZyZWUiXQ..

E59uOf83otq0sx1i1cgL-wZprNyws9kVKprJwSdtchJP4lDZB-po5lTPYM-46qhpxWw=h230
r7RlJLuflv6SZet2FTzGSQsl1_IYKzql9zLYKJeTHLAubyE4nYNCCYg7mZk7uskUbFQ=h230

Plane Live:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.divmob.planelivewallpaper

Last edited:
Is there a good reason for these apps to have this requirement:

READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.

??:confused:

I guess not.....:dunno:

I guess not.....:dunno:

I'm sorry, I thought I had responded to you. I haven't developed an app for Android, but I've read that apps will ask for that permission so they can take some action to suspend themselves when you get a phone call. For example, a music app will read phone state identity to pause itself when you receive a call.

Hi folks, I use NavMonster on the Internet for calculating the distance of helicopter charters - but they have been down for several days and I really need an Android App that does the same. http://navmonster.com/

I need to be able to calculate entire trips (with several stops) in distance and time. I need something that recognizes helipads.

I have been searching for days - any help will be appreciated. Everyone at my job uses ForeFlight for iPad - but I have an Android tablet.

:confused:

Hi all, brand spankin new to the forum. Just thought I'd give my .02. I use an Android app call Naviator which may have been discussed already. It's a wonderful tool, got it on my 10in. motorola tablet. Lots of fun to use while flying. In the near future it will be coupled up with ADS-B in support for NEXRAD weather.

Hi all, brand spankin new to the forum. Just thought I'd give my .02. I use an Android app call Naviator which may have been discussed already. It's a wonderful tool, got it on my 10in. motorola tablet. Lots of fun to use while flying. In the near future it will be coupled up with ADS-B in support for NEXRAD weather.

Yup, Naviator rocks. When they give it the ability to "talk" ADS-B with my Garmin GDL-39, it will be perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The lastest version of garmin pilot is pretty nice. It is getting closer to its iOS counterpart in terms of functionality.

I second naviator as a good gps app. It is not as polished as the Garmin app but it is considerably less expensive. Secondly, it allows you to import all of your user waypoints in one GPX file which makes it much easier than Garmin when trying to import a bunch of your own user waypoints.

The cool thing about them both, is that on an android device you can try them out for 30 days free, and use your bluetooth on your computer to trick your android device to thinking it is getting an external GPS signal...thus allowing you to try them using flight simulators like x-flight or fsx.

Other great apps i like:

logbook pro, great tool for flyers. Logs time in many ways and syncs wirelessly.

Stopwatch amd timer + : allows multiple count up and down timers, useful in the cockpit for tracking oxygen time, ifr time, pic time, trend data time, etc etc.

Time calculator: the paid version is great it lets me quickly figure my eta's for a whole day of flying and 8 plus legs a day are pretty common for me.

Flight plan mobile: get charts and afd data for free, downloads to your device.

E6B teacher: 99¢ gets you an E6B that works exactly like an E6B.

Tapatalk: lets you get to this forum with your phone or tablet and track threads etc. Without usuing the stock browser

Dauntless Software: passed one written for avionics so far with good marks, amd studying for my ATP now with the same company. Can be buggy and crash at times, but when it is working it is a great way to study for writtens.

AirWX: affordable way to get weather and has access to approach plates.

Convert Pad: tons of conversions and you can put your own in there like jetfuel pounds to gallons or liters, etc.

Last edited:
Back