And here we go!

OU finally figured out how to run the offense again, so WVU got worked over pretty good on Saturday. Not sure if it's good or bad, but OU plays in Provo @ BYU (first time the teams have ever met), but the game time is set for 11AM CST . . . which is 10AM in Provo, lol. Not sure how rowdy the BYU fans are going to be at 10am, especially with their typically-religious fanbase and alcohol restrictions. Might work out in OU's favor not having to deal with a night game in Provo in the freezing cold. BYU doesn't look particularly good in their first year in the Big XII, but OU has been fickle enough since the Red River Shootout that I wouldn't call anything a likely win.

Imagine winning a game, as a head coach, by 41 points and getting fired the next day.

Imagine winning a game, as a head coach, by 41 points and getting fired the next day.
Well, Frank Solich at Nebby won over Colorado 31-22 and got fired right afterward (9-3 season at that point). Not exactly 41points, but still amazing the think about.

Gee, what will he do to make money for the rest of the year.??

(just FYI, I have already submitted my resume hoping to by paid off a couple mil and just go away...)

A good night for Ga Tech, but I sure didn’t expect New Mexico State to take Auburn. Hated to break the news to SWMBO.

The Oklahoma-BYU game was actually competitive. I expected BYU to get slaughtered but they hung in there. They beat themselves in the end. North Texas beat Tulsa, which is nothing to write home about.

The Oklahoma-BYU game was actually competitive. I expected BYU to get slaughtered but they hung in there. They beat themselves in the end. North Texas beat Tulsa, which is nothing to write home about.
Yeah, pretty embarrassing for OU to get pushed around on defense when they've been pretty stout most of the year. Conditions were crap (both weather and field) so I can understand the offense being slow to start, not to mention losing the starting QB at halftime to concussion protocol. I'm sure the altitude didn't help the flatlanders, either. A win's a win though. Looking like a possible 10 or 11-win season, which is a great 2nd year under Venebles and much better than last year's 6-win stuggle.

OU finishes regular season 10-2. Not bad considering it's Venables 2nd year and roster got stripped pretty heavily 2 years ago. Lots of rumors floating around about Jeff Lebby (OUs offensive coordinator) getting offered the HC job at Mississippi State. Not entirely sure how he's qualified for that, but I don't think too many Sooner fans will be distraught over it. Wouldn't mind having KUs OC, given what he's done with far lesser talent.

My school ended up 10-2, and over the last two years has been 21-0 against any school not named Ohio State or Michigan.

GT ended up 4th in the ACC and bowl-eligible for the first time in too many years. Amazing the difference a new coach can make and not bad at all for Key’s first season as a HC.

Of course, we play U (sic) GA today and have a snowball’s chance, but stranger things have happened....

Ga. Tech vs #1Georgia tonight at 7:30.

:yikes: :eek:
Go Yellow Jackets!
And To Hell with Georgia!

what is with Oregon and Oregon St?

my GAWD - those uniforms are FUGLY!

We ended up 5-7. One of the best offenses in FBS and one of the worst defenses. Of course being top 10 in offense occurs sometimes based on who you play. :dunno:

Once again Auburn managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. SWMBO is weeping softly (having exhausted her vocabulary of swear words).

Once again Auburn managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. SWMBO is weeping softly (having exhausted her vocabulary of swear words).
One of the more epic effed-up game endings I've seen. How do you need to lunge to catch (and fumble) a fair catch? How do you only rush 2 when it is 4th and forever and all you have to do is make a stop? Terrible helmet fire on AU's sideline for that last play.

As they say... Can't spell Awful without AU.

Terrible helmet fire on AU's sideline for that last play.
:yeahthat:

That game was lost by the defensive coordinator, not the players. Freakin' awful. The QB could've had a sandwich and a cup of coffee while waiting for an open receiver.

That game was lost by the defensive coordinator, not the players. Freakin' awful. The QB could've had a sandwich and a cup of coffee while waiting for an open receiver.
Frees (sp?) and his staff used up a couple of seasons of goodwill with the fanbase on that play...

At least Ga. Tech didn't embarrass themselves.

Final score: Ga Tech 10, #1 Georgia ZERO (in the fourth quarter).

Rea Final score: Georgia 31 Tech 23. But still . . .

At least Ga. Tech didn't embarrass themselves.

Final score: Ga Tech 10, #1 Georgia ZERO (in the fourth quarter).

Rea Final score: Georgia 31 Tech 23. But still . . .

Yep, results better than expected but still a disappointment. Coach Key is doing a decent job, though, so there’s a little hope for next year.

Since the waiting is over now, looks like OSU spoiled y’alls dreams.
Yeah no poke choke this year. They'll get thrashed by UT in the conference championship game more than likely. OU probably good to the Alamo Bowl or similar. Texas might get left out of the playoff if none of the top 4 lose a game next week.

Florida State got SCREWED.

And I guarantee had Texas not played and beaten Alabama, they would have gotten ousted as well, in favor of Georgia.

Florida State got SCREWED.

And I guarantee had Texas not played and beaten Alabama, they would have gotten ousted as well, in favor of Georgia.

No kidding. Much like UCF back in 2017.

The college football "national championship" has always been a crock, no matter what method has been used. Ultimately it's about ticket sales and media coverage. For an undefeated ACC champion to be left out of the running is a scandal, and should be enough to prompt the ACC to withdraw from the NCAA and begin forming a new national organization.

No kidding. Much like UCF back in 2017.

The college football "national championship" has always been a crock, no matter what method has been used. Ultimately it's about ticket sales and media coverage. For an undefeated ACC champion to be left out of the running is a scandal, and should be enough to prompt the ACC to withdraw from the NCAA and begin forming a new national organization.
I could understand the UCF reference a little bit, but at that point they were an AAC team, which didn't carry the same weight as the Power 5 conferences at the time (rightly or wrongly). However, FSU getting left out of a 4-team playoff is a complete sham after having been undefeated IN a "Power conference", only because their QB got injured. They got left out because the committee was trying to predict that they wouldn't fare well in the playoff, which is absolutely a crock of ****e.

Not that I'm particularly miffed, but OU got screwed out of an NY6-bowl as well on some similarly-poor logic. Somehow our strength of schedule and more ranked wins lost out to "quality losses", they specifically referenced Penn State's quality win over Iowa as a deciding factor. Iowa, lol. The worst offense in the Big10. Ah well, the bowls outside of the playoff are a farce anymore, since most of the guys with an NFL future tend to opt-out. The 12-team playoff next year will make the non-playoff bowls even more-irrelevant.

They got left out because the committee was trying to predict that they wouldn't fare well in the playoff, which is absolutely a crock of ****e.

That BS pretty much turns the season into an audition for a show, instead of a competition for a championship.

U(sic)GA and FSU should schedule their own independent matchup. That would have more credibility as a championship game.

Friday night! Friends coming over. Steaks to be grilled. Couple dozen oysters to be shucked. Cocktails. Ga Tech vs UCF in the Gasparilla bowl. What could go wrong?

Last edited:
NOTHING can go wrong. Or right. I’m an alumnus of both GT and UCF, so either way I win. And lose.

Still gonna be fun to watch!

Beware these Florida mid-majors, they always show well in bowl games. South Florida absolutely pounded the crap out of Syracuse last night.

NOTHING can go wrong. Or right. I’m an alumnus of both GT and UCF, so either way I win. And lose.

Still gonna be fun to watch!
My wife took some graduate classes at both Ga. Tech and UCF and she went to Vet School at UGA. She often has torn allegiances. But mostly, she is a Tech fan.

Back