And here we go!

I am looking forward to the annual "When will the aTm train fall off the tracks this season?" fun that is Alabama week. Will there be an asterisk next to this win because Bama was not really Bama this year? I mean look at how they let TU push them around.

Un-be-leeeeeeev-able!!!!

GT over the ‘canes, 23 to 20. Wild, wild finish. Miami fumbles with 14 seconds to go, Tech puts it in the end zone with 2 seconds remaining.

Where were these Jackets last week against Bowling Green??!

Un-be-leeeeeeev-able!!!!

GT over the ‘canes, 23 to 20. Wild, wild finish. Miami fumbles with 14 seconds to go, Tech puts it in the end zone with 2 seconds remaining.
:cheers::cheerswine::happydance:

Where were these Jackets last week against Bowling Green??!

:dunno:That's what I want to know.:mad2:
I feel there is a back story about last week that we haven't heard about. A team doesn't just collapse like that without something triggering it. Perhaps that commit that de committed. Even if he want's to recommit now I'm not sure I'd want him.

And this win just might get an "*". I don't think we will ever find out why they didn't take a knee and run the clock out for a win.

Un-be-leeeeeeev-able!!!!

Had 'em all the way...

I don't think we will ever find out why they didn't take a knee and run the clock out for a win.

Yep.

And then when GT brought on the kicking team for the extra point at the end, I screamed “NOOOOOOO!!” Fortunately they heard me all the way down to Miami and took a knee instead.

So GT replaced the defensive coordinator last week. Will UM replace the offensive coordinator this week?

GT replaced their head coach last year. Will UM replace their head coach this year?

:biggrin:

Yeah Miami not just kneeling the ball out is inexplicable. Definitely some boneheaded coaching decisions there. Always a good day when ThugU loses.

In other news, the Red River Shootout was back to living up to its namesake. Neither team could manage to put it away, but Sooner Magic prevailed. Probably be a rematch in December. Will be pretty funny seeing the Big XII commissioner having to hand out the championship trophy and give a brief speech to teams that are leaving the conference.

Last edited:
I talked with an old pal last week who’s a Miami fan. He’s currently serving as a pastor at a church in Miami, so I told him he should contact the UM coaching staff and offer to bring them a little religion, ‘cause they sure need to learn when it’s time to kneel....
;)

Lots of Sooner fans basking in the schadenfreude of USC getting worked over by Touchdown Jesus this weekend. Lincoln Riley disappearing in the night and swiping a large portion of the roster a year and a half ago still stings a bit, lol. Now they're staring at a potential 2-3 more losses with their terrible defense while OU is looking at a manageable trip to the Big XII Conference Championship.

Well, GT played about 50 minutes worth of decent football. Unfortunately Boston College played 60 minutes worth.

Well, GT played about 50 minutes worth of decent football. Unfortunately Boston College played 60 minutes worth.
Darn. I shouldn't have opened this thread. Was intending to watch the game later today :(

Watching Texas was frustrating yesterday, at there was the W.

No FG kicker at that level of competition should miss an extra point. Ever. Sad.
OUs FG kicker has been very inconsistent. Missed 1 FG last game against Texas and 2 FGs against UCF. I can't remember the last time we had a kicker who wasn't dead-on just about every time. Many of our kickers have gone on to the NFL (Garrett Hartley, Tim Duncan, Austin Seibert). Almost cost us a win yesterday (and against TX) due to inability to put points on the board. Gotta get that situation figured out. Punting has been inconsistent as well. Hopefully we've got some other options or are looking for top talent to recruit for next year.

Fun fact: I used to kick 50-yarders in OUs indoor practice facility when I was in college. Drumline occasionally used the facility when weather was cold or we were prepping for a conference championship game in an indoor arena. We'd play pick-up football games since we had the field to ourselves.

Oh woe is me.
Not only am I a die-hard Ga Tech fan :eek:

But my two favorite NFL teams are the Atlanta Falcons and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
They play each other today.
If they stay true to form, both of them will find a way to lose.

Oh woe is me.
Not only am I a die-hard Ga Tech fan :eek:

But my two favorite NFL teams are the Atlanta Falcons and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
They play each other today.
If they stay true to form, both of them will find a way to lose.
Damn.

I hate football.

Wheeeeeee!!!

GT 45-17 over Virginia!
NO! That's awful.

Tech has been winning every other game and losing ever other game. If they had kept that up for a few more weeks they would beat Clemson and GEORGIA! But NO. They had to win today and upset the rhythm. Now they are sure to lost to UGA again.

NO! That's awful.

Tech has been winning every other game and losing ever other game. If they had kept that up for a few more weeks they would beat Clemson and GEORGIA! But NO. They had to win today and upset the rhythm. Now they are sure to lost to UGA again.

The whole situation is amusing. Since Coach Key took over, GT is 4-0 against ranked ACC teams. But they lose to Bowling Green?! And they should have taken Boston College.

If it gives you any hope, GT only seems to beat the teams they're not supposed to. By that trend, they should stomp U(sic)GA.

Sooners drop a second loss this weekend. Offense just can't seem to get out of their own way. Questionable "no calls" at the end as well put the cap on the Big XII final season for OU and TX. Probably drop down to 18 or so in the polls.

Yea, yesterday was no bueno. Maybe we need to hire a hard working high school coach and spend a fraction of the $$$. May be better results.

With NIL and transfer portal, I think we’re seeing a change in college talent mobility; coaches, fans, and boosters likely will have adjustments to make over the next few years.

In some degree I’d prefer the NIL talent just move out to a development league and leave scholar-amateur athletics for the collegiate leagues.

With NIL and transfer portal, I think we’re seeing a change in college talent mobility; coaches, fans, and boosters likely will have adjustments to make over the next few years.

In some degree I’d prefer the NIL talent just move out to a development league and leave scholar-amateur athletics for the collegiate leagues.
NIL and transfer portal gives schools like mine zero chance to ever develop a successful program.

NIL and transfer portal gives schools like mine zero chance to ever develop a successful program.

Depends on what success is defined as. Not knowing you school, I’ll use mine, Angelo State University, a D-II school. Pierce Holt is the only notable football alum.

Success for us has always been a .501 or better w/l ratio. With transfer portal and NIL, a low-to-mid tier D1 player with little to no NIL options at Texas Tech, may just head over to ASU for NIL opportunity, among other things. It’s a not insignificant number that have done it in the past.
dd3c30745a67e56381955fedda42a2f6.jpg

Depends on what success is defined as. Not knowing you school, I’ll use mine, Angelo State University, a D-II school. Pierce Holt is the only notable football alum.

Success for us has always been a .501 or better w/l ratio. With transfer portal and NIL, a low-to-mid tier D1 player with little to no NIL options at Texas Tech, may just head over to ASU for NIL opportunity, among other things. It’s a not insignificant number that have done it in the past.
dd3c30745a67e56381955fedda42a2f6.jpg
North Texas (University of). We won the NIT this last year and promptly all 5 of our starters transferred. Whenever we get a good football team they all start to transfer now too.

OU being a blue blood will be able to navigate the NIL stuff fairly well, but I still hate it. Even though the college sports landscape has barely been holding onto any semblance of "amateurism" for the past few decades, the NIL just makes it an outright minor league. It really is less enjoyable to watch with all of that nonsense being the focus in most of the recruiting and preseason activities.

Our two local teams are the perennial awfuls, University of Idaho Vandals, and Pac-12 remnants, Washington State University Cougars. The Vandals are 7-2, to everyone's surprise (to be fair, they have made lesser bowl games a couple of times in the last several years, but this is their best record since I moved here 20 years ago). The Cougs are 4-5, having had a spectacularly dramatic fall. They won their first 4 games, had a bye, and have lost ever since.

NO! That's awful.

Sigh.

You may be right. I’m watching the Clemson massacre.

Sigh.

I swear, it’s like GT has two different teams. Today the team that lost to Bowling Green showed up

Well, on a happier note, one of my other alma maters, UCF, absolutely stomped 15th ranked OSU, 45-3. Not sure how that happened.

And the Auburn alum I married is also rejoicing, as they defeated Arkansas 48-10.

All this belly aching and GT is 5-5. You talk like they're 2-10. We are now 3-7. We suck.

Well, on a happier note, one of my other alma maters, UCF, absolutely stomped 15th ranked OSU, 45-3. Not sure how that happened.

And the Auburn alum I married is also rejoicing, as they defeated Arkansas 48-10.
Not sure how UCF managed that while OU couldn't manage to get out of their own way last week lol

Back