Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
what is the difference between
AN816-4D and
AN816-4-4D
Cannot locate a full, explanatory chart with measurements.
Follow up questions in an hour

I am looking at a fitting off a cylinder; I believe it is a drain for liquid fuel from the intake port

- anyway, it has a larger diameter opening on the pipe-thread-end than another fitting of exact same external dimensions of a spare in my scrounge box. Roughly 3/16" vs 1/8".

I cannot find specs to suggest a different part number.

edit
I did find this thread on the exact same topic in an RV forum from years ago......which seems to fog the issue a bit, although later in the thread it might seem that even though the parts are dimensionally much different, the part number is the same!

2zqdlq8(2).jpg

Those answer the Q of external dimensions, thanks
(I’d hoped the different pn’s I posted in #1 would explain the ID difference but nope)

An adaptor is only going to flow as well as the smaller port. Why the fitting on the left is back bored so much shouldn't make any difference in flow (Unless it has a nice taper on the inside and your fluid flow is from the pipe side to the AN side.) Personally, I'd rather have the adaptor with more meat on it for strength. To answer your question, no, I have never seen specifications for the insides of AN adaptors.

AN816 specification allows the manufacturer the option on bore diameter. The larger bore can be used for adapter if they choose, where the body has enough wall to meet specs. Otherwise it must meet the criteria for the diameter and tolerence of the smaller bore.

G-force: The info is right on the part specification sheet. Everything needed to manufacture a standardized part, outside of the exact production methodolgy, is on the specification. Typically, other requied processes, such as passivation or anodize et al., are give by their own specification.

Last edited:
Back