An Open Post To The Management Counsel

Well the reason I don't engage in SZ is not due to the muslims, jews, christians, republicans, democrats, commies, confederate flag wavers, nutcases or even the asshats that go there. I don't go there because I hear it is frequented by low wing pilots.

:goofy:

Well the reason I don't engage in SZ is not due to the muslims, jews, christians, republicans, democrats, commies, confederate flag wavers, nutcases or even the asshats that go there. I don't go there because I hear it is frequented by low wing pilots.

Ok now I'm offended hahaha we prefer to be called Wing Placement Challenged.

At least California made the cut

I'm AC/DC: I like both high wing and low wing. ;)

I know of another aviation forum that has the equivalent of spin zone; they call it " mos eisley" . Yet it doesn't have the same issues as this board has had recently. I note that things have become more civil here the past few days though.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. I used to participate on that board quite frequently. I was going back and forth with someone on something, rationally and supporting my position with facts and FAA literature. This was on the Classroom forum and I was basicaly being called an "arsehat" or something to that effect. A couple more people piled on the popular guy's side and began degrading me (without arguing the point let alone supporting it with facts...). Whatever, I didn't cry to mommy and nothing was done about it.... but I haven't been back since....

This Blue Board used to be a site where as a student pilot I found lots of very helpful people and good information. Now, its basically just a bunch of bickering and carrying over from other arguments in other threads. I can't imagine any noob wanting hang around.

As has been talked about you can disagree with someone and question someone without being a jerk. Seems the jerk factor has increased exponentially over that last year.

I know I participate here as little as possible but keep coming back because I do love aviation and reading about aviation. The GA population is on a steady decline and it seems any newbies are being summarily pushed out the door by all the rude jerks.

This is based on my own viewpoint and opinion based on my experiences here and other aviation chat forums. If it wasn't for the fact that out of 10 threads I can read 2 or 3 decent ones where I learn something I wouldn't come back here either....

Last edited:
Slobs. The whole bunch of 'em.

Especially the Texans.

Damn and I kind of like your posts...then again I buying a house in Colorado like the rest of the people from my state...seriously the spin zone is a good place and be a happy to buy any participant a beer...

This Blue Board used to be a site where as a student pilot I found lots of very helpful people and good information. Now, its basically just a bunch of bickering and carrying over from other arguments in other threads. I can't imagine any noob wanting hang around.

As has been talked about you can disagree with someone and question someone without being a jerk. Seems the jerk factor has increased exponentially over that last year.

This spoke to me.... FWIW, I think this was well said.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. I used to participate on that board quite frequently. I was going back and forth with someone on something, rationally and supporting my position with facts and FAA literature. This was on the Classroom forum and I was basicaly being called an "arsehat" or something to that effect. A couple more people piled on the popular guy's side and began degrading me (without arguing the point let alone supporting it with facts...).

What?! You used facts and backed them up with documentation? No wonder they didn't like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What?! You used facts and backed them up with documentation? No wonder they didn't like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know how dare I ? :eek: :D

Looking back, kind of stupid that I left over such a trivial thing... wasn't really like the proverbial taking my ball and leaving the playground stomp away mad though I'm sure it could be seen that way... more of I've got enough problems in my life don't need some random aggro for no good reason.

I find myself on Facebook Groups more and more, seems having your real name produces less jerks ? I know I know, pretty dumb for me to say that when I use a handle on here.....

Yes, it would be nice if jumping into the frying pan were actually an option. I would love to see the rules clarified to remove political and religious BS from tag lines in the open forums. Images and tag lines espousing a religious or political allegiance in the open forums is no more appropriate than threads of those topics in the open forums. Quoting other PoA members in an unflattering light in your tag is also a childish move and doesn't help to create a nice climate.

Helps to read from Tapatalk. No signatures, nothing but text.

But even folks on USENET forever and a day ago had signatures that were, hmm, how to say this... "Personalized" and very easily ignored.

Kinda all depends on the reader and what they're looking for/wanting to see.

An number of folks here want a little too much to notice all the bad stuff and ignore the good.

Helps to read from Tapatalk. No signatures, nothing but text.

People who view the forum in a browser can uncheck "Show Signatures" in the Edit Options section of their User CP page.

It was a joke!

Sorry I didn't include a smiley, I try to avoid them. Jonathan Swift is rolling over in his grave due to the underuse of true unadulterated and unrevealed sarcasm on the Internet.

Sorry Troy...but...seriously, it was a joke...

((hugs)) :rofl:

Damn and I kind of like your posts...then again I buying a house in Colorado like the rest of the people from my state...seriously the spin zone is a good place and be a happy to buy any participant a beer...

I was talking about Management Council members from Texas :)

I was talking about Management Council members from Texas :)

((hugs)) for you too, Nick.

At least you remembered the smiley this time! :yes:

P.S.--I'm FROM Washington State, but LIVE in Texas. Does that get me a pass? :rofl:

((hugs)) for you too, Nick.

At least you remembered the smiley this time! :yes:

P.S.--I'm FROM Washington State, but LIVE in Texas. Does that get me a pass? :rofl:

Meh - I refuse to use green text or smilies to denote sarcasm. It makes the internet more fun when you have to guess when I'm being serious and when I'm being sarcastic.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. I used to participate on that board quite frequently. I was going back and forth with someone on something, rationally and supporting my position with facts and FAA literature. This was on the Classroom forum and I was basicaly being called an "arsehat" or something to that effect. A couple more people piled on the popular guy's side and began degrading me (without arguing the point let alone supporting it with facts...). Whatever, I didn't cry to mommy and nothing was done about it.... but I haven't been back since....

I know I participate here as little as possible but keep coming back because I do love aviation and reading about aviation. The GA population is on a steady decline and it seems any newbies are being summarily pushed out the door by all the rude jerks.

This is based on my own viewpoint and opinion based on my experiences here and other aviation chat forums. If it wasn't for the fact that out of 10 threads I can read 2 or 3 decent ones where I learn something I wouldn't come back here either....
You may wish to try it again. It has really calmed down a lot. some of the annoying people have left.

I really don't see anyone there making up facts, or explaining how they did something from their non-existent experience.

Meh - I refuse to use green text or smilies to denote sarcasm. It makes the internet more fun when you have to guess when I'm being serious and when I'm being sarcastic.

Is green text a thing now? LOL. Guess that's another one out of about a million attempts at denoting textual sarcasm or joking I won't be doing. I was dragged ten years late into smileys.

Like I said Jonathan Swift is rolling over in his grave!

:rofl:

(See!)

Is green text a thing now? LOL. Guess that's another one out of about a million attempts at denoting textual sarcasm or joking I won't be doing. I was dragged ten years late into smileys.

You don't need green text or smiley's!

You've got the market cornered on "heh". :rofl:

You axed for it........:D

Mods please delete, problem solved.

People who view the forum in a browser can uncheck "Show Signatures" in the Edit Options section of their User CP page.

Good tip. Thanks. Though I do mostly like seeing peoples sigs. Call me old school I guess. And it seems somehow wrong to tell everyone to turn off sigs rather than a handful to act like adults and try to be positive members of the community.

I can't imagine any noob wanting hang around.

Yes, this. 100% this. I lurked for a really long time before deciding to jump in. Ultimately the good outweighed the bad. But, man, this forum could be so much better with just a little bit of civility and respect.

WTF do you mean by that???

lolbrary.com_3927_1386603877.jpg

This. I'm all for SZ being predominantly hands-off, but there are lines that should never be crossed. Calling someone a asshat isn't one of them. Calling someone a Jew-hater is.

Someone said SZ is all in good fun. It's only fun for the bully. Not so much for the recipient.

I can imagine some of the tough calls the mods have. A handful of pilots on here hate Muslims, and they trash them time and again in SZ, which in its own way is what SZ is for. Except Redtail is Muslim. He seems to be a good and decent person, knowledgeable, interesting opinions and he has pretty thick skin. So the hard part is where is the line drawn that the mods should follow?

Regardless, the playground does need more supervision. POA has grown substantially since I've been here. It's been said many times that the mods are busy. So lighten their load/share the burden. I just don't see the down side of adding a couple of new moderators.

But more important, put rules in place. If SZ is truly a free-for-all with no rules, let's say that. If there are rules, POST THEM and enforce them consistently.

Thank you sir.
In truth, my participation in the SZ has made me a better person IMO. The negative views and/or hatred espoused by some, has only served to cause me to examine myself and those of us who call ourselves Muslims. Examine the criticisms, the media lies and misrepresentation, as well as the deviation and corruption within the Muslim world itself.

But overall, I've learned a lot in the SZ. I think what bothers me most, is the blatant lies and petty name calling by the internet-bully type.

Last edited:
Thank you sir.
In truth, my participation in the SZ has made me a better person IMO. The negative views and/or hatred espoused by some, has only served to cause me to examine myself and those of us who call ourselves Muslims. Examine the criticisms, the media lies and misrepresentation, as well as the deviation and corruption within the Muslim world itself.

But overall, I've learned a lot in the SZ. I think what bothers me most, is the blatant lies and petty name calling by the internet-bully type.

Thank you for admitting that sir...:thumbsup:

I think RT has always admitted that while at the same time defending what he sees as good about the religion. And defensive he has had to be at times considering the onslaught against him.

Thank you sir.

I agree. SZ makes me think, and observe, as I go about my day.

When I check SZ, I get more things to think about. I totally love it. If someone goes whacko or gets uncivil, it's super easy to ignore that. What I can never ignore are points made that make me question my assumptions. And SZ is one of the only places where I can get those points, made by thinking people.

Friends, however wonderful they are, often don't want to talk about controversial subjects. At all. So, thank you to those in SZ who put so much thought into their posts. I appreciate the diversity of experience and knowledge there.

Originally Posted by redtail View Post
Thank you sir.

There's plenty of that in the so-called Christian world too.

Back